Officially official, Android Auto/Apple Carplay for 2018 Mazda 6 - Page 32 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #311 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I installed the .100A update on my car a couple of days ago.

I had an "OH CRAP!" moment where the update failed and said there was no update available after it had previously found it and started the install. Did a google search and found someone else with the same error. Just had to try a different USB flash drive and it found the install and completed. It didn't take the full 40 minutes that the instructions said it would.

The thing I notice is that it seems to boot up faster and more consistently. The 360 camera comes up within a couple of seconds now.

I had several times on the previous software where my screen didn't come on and I had to turn the car off and on again to get it to come up. I suspect the system was on but the backlight in the screen wasn't coming on. I say this because one of the times it wasn't on I was driving through a parking lot and the sun hit the screen just right and I could faintly see the 360 camera view. It looked like the LCD panel was displaying what it should but there was no backlight to light it up.

I know Honda just had a recall to update the software on the Accords due to a problem with the backup camera. I wonder if Mazda updated theirs to fix a similar issue.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
Just got back from the dealership with the new mat installed and, so far, it seems to be holding better. I think the clip on the new mat fits all of the way over the tab better. I'll have to give it a few days of normal use to say for sure, but so far it seems better.
So the new mat still has the same problem as the old one. It pops off all of the time. Since many of you are having the same issue I suspect it's a design flaw. Maybe if enough people complain they'll come up with a fix that we can retrofit back in. Not that it's a huge deal, but I do think they consider this a safety issue as the whole reason for the clips is to keep the mat from moving up under the brake and accelerator pedals.
Bill_k likes this.

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut

Last edited by bacevedo; 11-06-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added note about mat still not staying in place.
The Following User Says Thank You to bacevedo For This Useful Post:
adeeb_m (11-06-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just wanted to post a quick thank you for everyone who contributed to this thread and the thread on mazda3revolution. I got everything installed and working this morning and it was a piece of cake.
blackngold75 likes this.
post #313 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
I installed the .100A update on my car a couple of days ago.

I had an "OH CRAP!" moment where the update failed and said there was no update available after it had previously found it and started the install. Did a google search and found someone else with the same error. Just had to try a different USB flash drive and it found the install and completed. It didn't take the full 40 minutes that the instructions said it would.

The thing I notice is that it seems to boot up faster and more consistently. The 360 camera comes up within a couple of seconds now.

I had several times on the previous software where my screen didn't come on and I had to turn the car off and on again to get it to come up. I suspect the system was on but the backlight in the screen wasn't coming on. I say this because one of the times it wasn't on I was driving through a parking lot and the sun hit the screen just right and I could faintly see the 360 camera view. It looked like the LCD panel was displaying what it should but there was no backlight to light it up.

I know Honda just had a recall to update the software on the Accords due to a problem with the backup camera. I wonder if Mazda updated theirs to fix a similar issue.

ETA:

So the new mat still has the same problem as the old one. It pops off all of the time. Since many of you are having the same issue I suspect it's a design flaw. Maybe if enough people complain they'll come up with a fix that we can retrofit back in. Not that it's a huge deal, but I do think they consider this a safety issue as the whole reason for the clips is to keep the mat from moving up under the brake and accelerator pedals.
Just updated to 70.x.100 this morning. Preread instructions a couple of times and breezed through it. Still finding jetAudio integration with AA and Google assistant problematic. Despite requesting "play <artists> and google confirming artist os being played, jetAudio fails to play artist 50% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #314 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Leon View Post
Android carplay has been installed, my first impressions of the factory interface sans carplay was: this isn't so great.

First impressions with android carplay: Holy S, this is very underwhelming. Did a 6th grade intro to coding student make this interface? Why does this suck nearly as much as the factory interface?

Seems like an entirely unnecessary "upgrade" for daily driving.

• Still has intermittant Pandora drop-off
  • Interface makes a TI-83 seem fun and exciting
  • making the screen a slave to your phone would have been vastly more effecient
  • great, now 4 pop-ups happen on the phone to connect, any of which cause buggy issues
  • technology of the future.... TODAY!
I think there must be something wrong with your interface with some of the problems you're experiencing. I've used both Android auto and Apple Carplay in my car and both work pretty well. With Android, once you do the initial setup, it works seamlessly. Just plug it in and it syncs up once the MazdaConnect is done loading. The Apple interface was even easier, just plug in the phone and bam, your app screen appears nearly instantaneously, no setup needed.
One caveat to the Android auto interface is that you must use a high quality usb cable to connect the phone, otherwise all kinds of bugs and issues crop up. If you are running a high quality cable, the problem is either with your phone or the software flash on the vehicle side. Rooted phones can be especially troublesome at times.

That being said, I use a Pixel 2 XL with a good quality aftermarket usb to usb C cable and have had no problems. My Pandora, which I listen to every time I get in the car, has never dropped connection and the Android auto interface itself has always been quick to start up.
post #315 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Just updated to 70.x.100 this morning. Preread instructions a couple of times and breezed through it. Still finding jetAudio integration with AA and Google assistant problematic. Despite requesting "play <artists> and google confirming artist os being played, jetAudio fails to play artist 50% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I see similar behavior with RocketPlayer and have also had it happen with Google Play Music. Maybe an AA/Google bug?

2017 Grand Touring, Soul Red
OEM Splash Guards|OEM Cargo Net|LED Courtesy Lights|LED License Plate Lights|OEM Android Auto/Carplay Retrofit|Remote Start
post #316 of 323 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
updated my 2016 to 70.00.100

CarPlay works
Bluetooth connects but no audio
USB works but no audio.
Backup camera is gone.

Any ideas?

Gonna try to reload the update again tomorrow.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring MeteorGray 6-speedMT
2004 Mazda 6s LapisBlue 5-speedMT - sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #317 of 323 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bziko98 View Post
updated my 2016 to 70.00.100

CarPlay works
Bluetooth connects but no audio
USB works but no audio.
Backup camera is gone.

Any ideas?

Gonna try to reload the update again tomorrow.

I would try to force the system to restart with the "three finger salute" combination :
https://forum.mazda6club.com/electri...mazda-6-a.html

Last time I had problem with the infotainment system, that did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bziko98 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcoulombe For This Useful Post:
bziko98 (01-06-2019)
post #318 of 323 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulombe View Post
I would try to force the system to restart with the "three finger salute" combination :
https://forum.mazda6club.com/electri...mazda-6-a.html

Last time I had problem with the infotainment system, that did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out I forgot to plug in one connector in the head unit. It all works now.

I Used the back + nav + mute restart trick after I put it back together. Thanks for the reply!

2016 Mazda 6 Touring MeteorGray 6-speedMT
2004 Mazda 6s LapisBlue 5-speedMT - sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #319 of 323 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groans: 11
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Installed the kit today, ordered from a dealer on ebay for 155 bucks to my door. when I finished, I reset the stereo to defaults and removed the existing BT connection on my phone. plugged in the USB cable and setup could not have been easier. One strange behavior is that after setting everything up, I went into settings, devices and unchecked android auto, after that the setting was greyed out and could not be activated, I tried multiple times to reconnect but the only thing that worked was resetting the stereo to default again. I would be curious if this is a fault in the code, or a "feature".
post #320 of 323 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
One strange behavior is that after setting everything up, I went into settings, devices and unchecked android auto, after that the setting was greyed out and could not be activated, I tried multiple times to reconnect but the only thing that worked was resetting the stereo to default again. I would be curious if this is a fault in the code, or a "feature".
I did that too, when I first set it up. I can't remember for sure, but I think you have to remove the pairing from your car within the Android Auto app on your phone. Once you do that and plug in again, it will start the setup process over.
zPacKRat likes this.

2018 Signature
White Pearl - Chestnut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page