Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum (https://forum.mazda6club.com/)
-   In Car Electronics (https://forum.mazda6club.com/466-car-electronics/)
-   -   2016 Mazda6 Bose Dash and Tweeter replacement (https://forum.mazda6club.com/car-electronics/435969-2016-mazda6-bose-dash-tweeter-replacement.html)

Heligrin1 07-02-2018 12:34 PM

2016 Mazda6 Bose Dash and Tweeter replacement

Hello!

I have a question question. I know some members have switched out the 3.5'' dash/center speakers in mazda6 w/ bose package. My question is has anyone switched out (is it even possible or worth it??) the 1'' tweeters on the dash?

I plan on replacing the corner 3.5'' dash speakers (and maybe the center) with Infinity reference 3022CFXs'. Does anyone know if it would be worth or possible switching the 1 inch tweeters out for better ones?

Thanks!

MZ6Alex 07-02-2018 03:24 PM

So it depends on how the speakers are wired...

If the the 1" tweeter and 3.5" mid-range are wired in parallel (which I'm guessing is probably the case, but you'll have to do a continuity test to be sure), then it would be redundant to leave the 1" oem tweeter hooked up along side the 3022CFXs. They are 2-way speakers and already have a tweeter built in. In this case just hook up the 3022CFXs leaving the 1" oem tweeter disconnected and you can forget about the oem tweeters.

If both the tweeter and mid-range are wired separately back to the Bose amp, then the 2-way 3022CFXs might not be the best choice. You would be better off buying 1-way 3.5" mid-ranges, and separate 1" replacement tweeters. Replacing the 1" oem tweeters would likely require some retrofitting. In terms of sound quality, if you get some decent 1" tweeters then yes, there will be a difference. The OEM tweeters aren't very good.

Of course this is all presuming you're still going to be using the factory Bose amp. If you're not then just go with the first route I mentioned using the 3022CFXs and you won't have to worry about the oem tweeters.

cutepoison 08-14-2018 08:48 PM

Bose 3.5 and tweeter are wired in parallel. Checked the wiring diagram

MZ6Alex 08-16-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutepoison (Post 5015644)
Bose 3.5 and tweeter are wired in parallel. Checked the wiring diagram

Where did you get this diagram? I need one for a 2018 w/ Bose since I can confirm the speakers in the dash are different now. Mazda moved to 2.75" mid-range speakers in the dash and probably the rear deck as well which is pretty crappy for audio upgrades.