Those with a subwoofer installed... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By dasrider
  • 2 Post By dasrider

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Those with a subwoofer installed...

Could you post a picture of your current subwoofer setup? I'm wanting some idea's to what setup to go towards. I usually run a good size single sub box but being I bought the car because were planning the "family" route soon I don't want to burn up all my trunk space for a sub.
I originally was thinking of just going with the "Kicker Hideaway" setup but I know how I am & that wouldn't be enough for my personal taste honestly.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
I went the "Kicker Hideaway" setup along with a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX. I'll take a few pics later today. It sounds good for my taste because I wanted to feel the music a bit more and not the cars next to me. To be honest though, it really could use a bit more punch. It does fit nice and snug under the passenger seat and without affecting toe room for the rear passenger. It's also a completely stealthy look from the outside. The only clue something isn't stock is the head unit is a little different looking.

Upgrading the head unit was the biggest improvement though. The ability to fine tune the EQ, fine tune the sound staging and using dedicated sub outputs made the music much more enjoyable than trying to do it with the sub alone. Being able to use Android Auto is real nice and I also got an iDataLink Maestro RR for the steering wheel controls and to view some additional gauges from the car.
93blkongreenpro likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
I went the "Kicker Hideaway" setup along with a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX. I'll take a few pics later today. It sounds good for my taste because I wanted to feel the music a bit more and not the cars next to me. To be honest though, it really could use a bit more punch. It does fit nice and snug under the passenger seat and without affecting toe room for the rear passenger. It's also a completely stealthy look from the outside. The only clue something isn't stock is the head unit is a little different looking.

Upgrading the head unit was the biggest improvement though. The ability to fine tune the EQ, fine tune the sound staging and using dedicated sub outputs made the music much more enjoyable than trying to do it with the sub alone. Being able to use Android Auto is real nice and I also got an iDataLink Maestro RR for the steering wheel controls and to view some additional gauges from the car.
Subwoofer is installed under the front passenger seat. First pic is from the front looking back. 2nd and 3rd are from the back looking forward. The kicker is pretty compact and fits very nicely under the seat. You would never know it was there unless you were looking for it.

Last pic is of the Pioneer head unit. The subwoofer bass adjustment knob is velcroed to the top of the cubby hole insert.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dasrider; 01-24-2018 at 10:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dasrider For This Useful Post:
Mitchapalooza85 (01-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Subwoofer is installed under the front passenger seat. First pic is from the front looking back. 2nd and 3rd are from the back looking forward. The kicker is pretty compact and fits very nicely under the seat. You would never know it was there unless you were looking for it.

Last pic is of the Pioneer head unit. The subwoofer bass adjustment knob is velcroed to the top of the cubby hole insert.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I was thinking about having the sub under the seats. Is there room to fit one under the driver seat as well? And what about the A/C vents under the seat. I would think having the heat on could cause problems

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:11 PM

Garage
The sub definitely won't fit under a driver's seat with power adjustments. The HVAC vents pass through the center console so there's no issue with heat and the subwoofer. Fwiw, the front passenger definitely feels the bass more than anyone else in the car.

Looking at these pics my car interior looks filthy! We've had record snow lately along with the subsequent salting of the roads so I've not cleaned the car for a few months now. I need to hit up the carwash joint and get it detailed....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindacooldad View Post
I was thinking about having the sub under the seats. Is there room to fit one under the driver seat as well? And what about the A/C vents under the seat. I would think having the heat on could cause problems

I was going to ask the same thing. Now that I know one will not fill under the driver side seat I'm not going towards the Hideaway setup.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The sub definitely won't fit under a driver's seat with power adjustments. The HVAC vents pass through the center console so there's no issue with heat and the subwoofer. Fwiw, the front passenger definitely feels the bass more than anyone else in the car.

Looking at these pics my car interior looks filthy! We've had record snow lately along with the subsequent salting of the roads so I've not cleaned the car for a few months now. I need to hit up the carwash joint and get it detailed....
We have floor vents that are on when the a/c nob is turned to the feet position. And I don't have power seats. I'm going to check if it's the same space as my passenger seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page