Factory (non-Bose) Speaker Replacement Suggestions - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By DJ Raydiate

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Question Factory (non-Bose) Speaker Replacement Suggestions

Hello everyone,
I am looking for some suggestions for the sound in my 2004 non-Bose 6 S wagon. I am not (nor will I unless it fits under the seat) running a sub-woofer. I am using the stock head unit and was curious if anyone has replaced the OEM speakers with aftermarket and heard a significant improvement.
I would like more everything really but I know I wont get it so, perhaps better definition (especially with speech) and a little something better on the lower end.
Everything I have searched on the forum is either Bose replacement or 5+ years old.
If I could spend less than $200 on the 4 door speakers I would be pleased.

I realize it all starts with the head unit and with that there I may be significantly tying my hands (or plugging my ears) by not changing it but this is where I am.

Thanks everyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Bose in my wagon. It has a spare tire sub. You might be able to adapt that to your non Bose system. The whole thing fits under the cargo floor. Should be able to find one at a junk yard or online.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Garage
Has anyone installed a Bose spare tire sub into a vehicle not equipped with a Bose system?

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know much about the non Bose system but I'm sure most aftermarket speakers will sound good assuming that the system is 4ohm vs 2ohm. I was going with go with Rockville Audio (might try again). You can get 2 sets (4 speakers) of components for $116. I had them in my 6 for a little bit but my front drivers side kept leaking water in and shorting out the crossovers. Sound great for what they are and won't break the bank. Would need to make some spacers and adaptors but with some mild woodworking, it would be easy.
Factory (non-Bose) Speaker Replacement Suggestions-screenshot_20180730-094916.jpg

As far as a sub goes, one could get a powered sub to fit under the seat or make a fiberglass or layered MDF enclosure to fit into the spare tire and more then likely end up with better sound than the Bose speaker/amp combo that goes there.
DrFeelGood likes this.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page