Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Absolutely no Sound

Hi All, first time poster.

I have an 09 Mazda 6 Sport with BOSE system in the UK.

I had the Aux socket into my blackberry playing some music loud. All of a sudden, nothing, no sound out of any speaker. No hissing, no pops, nothing out of all speakers.

The head unit is still showing AUX, it will play CD's and you can change radio chanels etc. I have made sure it is nothing to do with Traffic Announcements. It is not bluetooth based either as I have turned that off too.

Interestingly, the phone still works with bluetooth, but you can not hear the caller. They can hear you so the microphone is still working.

Has anyone got any suggestions. I wonder if it is that the cable has fallen out of the back of the unit. That being the case, I have no idea how to get to it.

As ever, I have just past 60,000 which means no warranty on it.

Thanks for reading, any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Titan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
It's rare, but the 1/8th inch cable could be busted. Is the cable frayed anywhere?

From the sounds of what you've described, nothing that's supposed to be output from your blackberry is being pushed through the car's speakers, but everything else works fine. - That would be either your blackberry's jack is busted, the cable is busted, or the AUX on the system is busted.

Have you tried another cable to eliminate this possibility?

I went through your description again, so even with Bluetooth you can't hear anything? Maybe your blackberry was still in AUX mode, just like the car stereo, and it was trying to output through the 1/8th inch jack, but obviously with nothing connected, or if the cable is bad, that wouldn't work.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Last edited by Byakuya; 03-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Sorry, I might not have been clear. Nothing works, no CD no Radio, no telephone calls. The blackberry was connected when it went dead.

Would anyone know how to get to the back of head unit to see what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Check some fuses. Maybe there is a separate fuse for the head-unit vs the amplifier. The amplifier fuse may have blown.

The amp is a separate unit on the Bose system.

Tom

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanBax View Post
Sorry, I might not have been clear. Nothing works, no CD no Radio, no telephone calls. The blackberry was connected when it went dead.

Would anyone know how to get to the back of head unit to see what is going on?
Definitely sounds like a fuse for the Bose amp. If you are getting all the lights on the stereo to work and cd to track and play, but there is just no sound. It more than likely is a fuse. Check all the fuse boxes for a bad radio/audio/audio amp/internal labeled fuse. If you can't find a bad fuse it might be worth the money to have the amp checked at the dealer. If it has gone bad you can always look for another one amp or just replace the stereo. Probably just a fuse though.

That wiring harness on the back of the stereo isn't just going to have a issue unless someone has been back there messing with something. The ones I have seen from factory are put together and snapped in very well.

Good luck

More of a "looker" than a "Poster"!

Sold my 2004 steel grey 6i 5-door for a 2009 6i smokestone mica.
What was I thinking right?! :P
hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to kick808 For This Useful Post:
Craigmb20 (06-25-2013)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Learners License

Question Mazda 6 Sport 2008 - Bose sound - No sound from speakers but displays.

MAZDA 6 SPORT 2008 - BOSE SOUND

Is there anyone out there who can help with my Speakers.
I have display but no sound AT ALL???? So frustrating!! I have CD - Radio - Aux displayed but not a sound????
I had sound then the next time I got into my car, Nothing Absolute Zilch!!
I have turned volume right up and not even a murmur.
I have checked all fuses (internal-passenger side & under bonnet-RHS looking at engine).
If there is someone out there that has come across this problem and got a resolve then please Help Out>...
This all seemed to have happened after I plugged my Sony Experia Z1 into the Aux and was working fine but the next time i got into my car Nothing?? Sound had completely gone. By looking at the previous msg above it seems he has had the same problem.
Kind Regards Pete G...

Last edited by petegoodie1969; 02-24-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added more info
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Learners License

no sound on bose audio mazda 6

Hi petegoodie did you ever get the sound back?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this thread has long been abandoned but I'll share this post here as well for anyone that was like me recently, desperate to find a solution. I have an 07 Mazda6 with Bose and posted this in another thread already.

I had this exact same problem and the information available on the internet is surprisingly sparse for this issue, despite it being fairly common. Strangely, it was a thread for the Millenia where I found the clues to the source of the problem.

The issue is, apparently, the head unit, at some point starts to fail to send a low amp signal to the Bose Relay under the hood...and once this signal fails to be sent, the relay never switches, and the Bose amp never powers on. The strange thing is, this failure can be intermittent as mine was. I went three weeks with no audio, then all of the sudden it started working again. This is how I knew for sure that A) no fuses were blown and B) my amp wasn't toast.

Under the hood, you can remove the not-broken relay for the Bose system and place a paperclip on the two silver contacts, completing the circuit to power your amp. If your issue is the same as mine you'll have sound as soon as you turn your stereo on. I suppose it's possible you just have a bad relay, but I swapped mine with a neighboring good relay, and nothing changed.

I haven't yet implemented a permanent work-around for this failure of the head unit's, but there are definitely many ways to work around this. I haven't decided yet which way I want to go. I currently have a 10 amp fuse jammed into the silver contacts, meaning my amp is technically always on But I have sound back!!
The Following User Says Thank You to spearoid For This Useful Post:
oobeet (08-31-2018)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearoid View Post
I know this thread has long been abandoned but I'll share this post here as well for anyone that was like me recently, desperate to find a solution. I have an 07 Mazda6 with Bose and posted this in another thread already.

I had this exact same problem and the information available on the internet is surprisingly sparse for this issue, despite it being fairly common. Strangely, it was a thread for the Millenia where I found the clues to the source of the problem.

The issue is, apparently, the head unit, at some point starts to fail to send a low amp signal to the Bose Relay under the hood...and once this signal fails to be sent, the relay never switches, and the Bose amp never powers on. The strange thing is, this failure can be intermittent as mine was. I went three weeks with no audio, then all of the sudden it started working again. This is how I knew for sure that A) no fuses were blown and B) my amp wasn't toast.

Under the hood, you can remove the not-broken relay for the Bose system and place a paperclip on the two silver contacts, completing the circuit to power your amp. If your issue is the same as mine you'll have sound as soon as you turn your stereo on. I suppose it's possible you just have a bad relay, but I swapped mine with a neighboring good relay, and nothing changed.

I haven't yet implemented a permanent work-around for this failure of the head unit's, but there are definitely many ways to work around this. I haven't decided yet which way I want to go. I currently have a 10 amp fuse jammed into the silver contacts, meaning my amp is technically always on But I have sound back!!
Thank you for taking time to share this. It's invaluable information. You're a saviour. I have the same problem. It's intermittent, and a fairly rare occurrence, but still very annoying.

How can I tell which relay is for BOSE amp? Can the relay be replaced or repaired?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page