Mazda 6 Forums banner

Bluetooth Bluetooth Bluetooth!!!

18K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CrazyCal 
#1 ·
My wife and I just picked up a beautiful, loaded, 2006 Mazda 6 w/ Bose sytem and Navigation. I want to know how I can integrate bluetooth into the stock Bose/Nav system. I'd like to use bluetooth for hands-free phone calls AND music playback from my Droid Incredible. What are my options???

I've been searching around for the past few hours about integrating bluetooth into a 1st gen Mazda 6. All I've been coming up with is the piggy-back systems like Parrot, etc., which all "integrate" into the stock system, but still require some little screen or control device or mic/speaker to be mounted somewhere. Is there a system that actually integrates into Mazda's existing system to allow bluetooth access and control through THE STOCK SYSTEM? The navigation system has a microphone for voice commands. Can that be used as a hands-free mic also? I guess, basically what I'm saying is that I want the bluetooth capabilities of the 2009-2010 Mazda 6 system, but I want it in a 2006 Mazda 6. Can that be done? If so, HOW? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. This website has been massivley helpful in figuring out our new Mazda. Thank you guys! :)

#3 ·
I've noticed that people don't really reply to anything on this forum. It's kinda sad. I guess I come from forums where you actually GET responses, thus the entire purpose of forums. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Did alot of researching throughout the internet and I believe the best solution to both my bluetooth and iPod needs is the xcarlink setup. So, I suppose I will return once I've completed the upgrade and give a full report. lol :lol:

#4 · (Edited)
Ur right about the lack of respones LOL. Its like the forum isnt as active as t was years ago. To answer ur questions: Nope.

There is no OEM adapter thats plug & play. The parrot BT hands free kits are very good units. Your only other option would be an aftermarket radio with bluetooth built in

oh, the the downside of the xcarlink is you would have to manually switch to the source when u recieve a bluetooth call or stream audio, it isnt auotmatic. So u hear ur phone ring, switch to ur aux input, then answer ur call.

#6 ·
oh, the the downside of the xcarlink is you would have to manually switch to the source when u recieve a bluetooth call or stream audio, it isnt auotmatic. So u hear ur phone ring, switch to ur aux input, then answer ur call.

That's kind of a bummer, but good information to know. I think i'll be using it mostly for outgoing calls, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

#8 ·

Are you kidding me?!?!? What the hell is this immature crap? This forum is really something else. Some of you people are completely useless. How about some constructive information instead of this stupid look-at-me-i-can-find-crappy-offensive-pictures-on-the-internet BS. Get a life. Or better yet, eliminate yourself from our gene pool.:mad:

Moderators, what's the deal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.