Unoperable Keyless System - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Has anyone replaced the receiver in the back bumper and resolved this issue? I have an original Mazda key fob from my Mazda3 hatch (2005) as long as a "new" fob from Amazon. Neither will work with the programming instructions. The car responds to the programming mode by locking/unlocking. I've even gone into the diagnostic mode where the horn honks/all doors lock/unlock, so the system is functional, just can't seem to get the fobs to work.

My next guess is the sensor in the back bumper. So, has anyone replaced this and solved the issue? My local dealer wants $205 to diagnos the problem! Haha, SAN Francisco prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Garage
Ketless entry stopped functioning with LED door light replacement.

I recently had a fault with the keyless entry system. My symptoms were, not being able to use the remote entry (keyfob clicker thingy) to open the doors consistently. I would click to unlock and it would work but when I clicked twice it would only respond once and unlock the drivers door. When leaving the car I would close the door and push to lock with no response. When I waited a bit it would work but only once. It was not possible to click twice to get the "honk" confirmation.

It appeared to happen suddenly and sporadically but it never seemed to work when I needed it to.

The failure of the keyless entry coincided with the installation of some Chinese "Mazda Logo" courtesy lights. I know what you are thinking, "who would want that?" but, in my defense they were dirt cheap and I may or may not have ordered them after some dinner libation...maybe. Anyhow, I forgot about them and they showed up sever months later.

Shortly after installing them was when the trouble began. Apparently when the light is illuminated (immediately after closing the door or after the first click to unlock) there is some sort of interference that disables the radio receiver for the keyless entry.

Taking them out was easy enough but I am curious, does anyone know what specifically is causing this or a way of negating the effect? I wonder if LED bulbs would cause the same issues...

Thanks for reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
RFI from cheap garbage LEDs definitely can do this. Most of these Chinese things are nowhere near FCC compliant and produce an insane amount of "hash" both on the power bus and via RF; both can play hell with anything that has a low-level RF receiver in it in the immediate vicinity, which keyless entry and start require.

I have an amusing similar situation -- I own a cell charger that when plugged into the console lighter socket (which is switched) *and* the phone the car's keyless system is interfered with; the LED on the start button flashes instead of being on solid when I press the clutch, and unless you catch it right when the green LED is lit it will not start. If the phone is not plugged in (even if the adapter is), no problem. Same deal. Needless to say that particular charger got relegated to a different vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
This has come up in VHF radio transmissions in boats and ships. The LED light engine produces RFI that is significant enough to interfere with emergency broadcasts. It has become significant enough that the coast guard has put out a bulletin notifying mariners and asked them to report known instances.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Groans: 17
Garage
Buy chinese garbage get chinese garbage.

They may be far better than they used to be, but it is all still garbage.

2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 5dr. never ending money vacuum project:
CP-E headers w/catted mid + Magnaflow carback/AEM CAI/3.7L TB/Speed6 springs/RX-8 wheels
AWR 70D Enginemount/CP-E Dogbone/Custom urethane stock trans mount
Ralco shortshifter/Bose w/Auxmod/sharkfin antenna/lots of little things...
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Garage
This all makes sense. Thanks everyone for your replies. Interesting tidbit @waughoo about the maritime implications.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page