Mazda 6 Forums banner

2014 vs 2015 Mazda 6 GS?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  6FeetDeep 
#1 ·
My 2004 Mazda 6 5door got rear ended on the 401 the other day. I suspect the insurance will write it off, given the 285,000 mostly trouble free km's (It has been from St John Nfld to San Diego, California).

So - I will buy a new one:)

I am looking for some help. I can get 2014 and 2015 Mazda 6's but am having trouble understanding the differences on the GS model. The 2015 seems to be about $1000.00 less, and is missing the moon roof and the fog lights. I think there is more than this but it isn't clear. Can anyone help and provide guidance on the differences?

Thanks in Advance

#2 ·
I did hear back from Mazda on this question. They said

"As far as the differences between the 2014 and 2014 Mazda6 GS, the 2015 has a straight shifter. Also the moonroof is no longer standard on the 2015 Mazda6 GS; it comes in a package. For more detail, we suggest you talk with a sales representative at your Mazda dealership."

So that answers that.

#3 ·
From what I understand, 2015 standard improvements include window switches are now illuminated and keyless entry is now standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.