LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was wondering who out there uses All season tires in the Winter.
This is going to be my first winter coming up with my MS6, and it currently has the Pirelli Zero Nero M+S on them.

If you do use the All season tires, do you wish you would of put winter ties on them, or just happy not to have to go through the bi yearly swapping.

Reason I ask is, its looking like its going to be about $2500 to get new rims and X-ice tires. Thats a lot of coin, I would prefer NOT to do it, but am 'prepared' to get a second job if I i need to.

Thanks in advance.

Oh btw I live in Ottawa, so we can get quite a bit of snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Thanked 1,162 Times in 849 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
A suggestion: See if you can locate a set of used 17" Mazda6 wheels. You'll save a ton of $$$ both with the wheels and the smaller tire size (215/50-17), and the wheels fit the MS6 without an issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Get some cheap ass rims and some decent snow tires and be safe. If you get as much snow as I suspect you do in Canada, you'll be glad. AWD is great, but only as good as the shoes your 6 is wearing.

2003 Performance White 6s MTX, CPE CAI MAF-CI, Xtec 5000K HIDs, Superwhite LEDs, TB bypass, EGR mod, Iridium NGKs, 25% tint, clear sidemarkers w/ turn signal mod, brakelight mod, SU MM, MazdaSpeed Short Throw Shifter, Custom Exhaust: 12" glass pak resonator and axle-back Str8s, Flat Black painted bezels, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, ceramic pads, Redline MT-90, Mobil-1 0W-20 and Mobil-1 Mercon V PS fluid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to go with the 17" rims and winter tires.
Better to be safe then really sorry as I am looking at a crushed fender from not having the proper traction.

Much appreciated for the recommendations
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Learners License

QUOTE (GTSpeed62006 @ Sep 16 2008, 03:00 PM)
Quote:
I was wondering who out there uses All season tires in the Winter.
This is going to be my first winter coming up with my MS6, and it currently has the Pirelli Zero Nero M+S on them.

If you do use the All season tires, do you wish you would of put winter ties on them, or just happy not to have to go through the bi yearly swapping.

Reason I ask is, its looking like its going to be about $2500 to get new rims and X-ice tires. Thats a lot of coin, I would prefer NOT to do it, but am 'prepared' to get a second job if I i need to.

Thanks in advance.

Oh btw I live in Ottawa, so we can get quite a bit of snow.[/b]
I just purchased a set of 4 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 snow tires from Tire Rack. Delivered to the door they were $590. Usually, you can pick up a set of good slighly used OEM rims on Ebay for about $500. I would also start looking at Craigslist in your area, you might save a bit by being able to pick up a set locally. A lot of people start looking to buy a set of snow tires around this time of year so it might be a tad harder finding rims on Ebay but Tire Rack also has some good deals on rim/tire combos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page