Stretch's Part-out, Parts Still Left! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
UPDATE #2:

This thread is six months old, but I still have parts to sell. Skip to this post for the newest list:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...40#entry1119525

-Steve

UPDATE:

This thread is six months old, but I still have parts to sell. Skip to this post for the newest list:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=841843

-Steve

===================

My car is for sale at this thread: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=48416

Thus, I'm parting it out. Here's the list of things I can think of- it may not be everything! Due to the number and size of some of these things, shipping probably won't be immediate. I'm going to try to consolidate trips to FedEx- so I'll probably go twice a week as needed, no more. Things like the tires take me a little while to package, too, and I'm not sure how much free time I'll have. I'll try my best to get everything out no later than within few days, however, and I'm sure I can get a lot of the stuff shipped the following day. All parts are for the 2003 4cyl Mazda6 if they're model-specific, however a lot of these parts will fit any Mazda6.

I haven't included many pictures because, well, you guys know what this stuff looks like. I'll take some pictures of the tread on the tires (and other wear-related pictures) soon.

Hawk HPS front brake pads: Brand new. Bought them here for... $65? And that's what I'm selling them for, too. I never wore through my OEM pads so I never used them. $65.

<strike>HKS Coilovers:</strike> SOLD! These things need no introduction. They&#39;re are by far the best coilovers I ever used, and I&#39;ve used many! I love these things. They&#39;ve got around 10k miles- not much. I&#39;ve run them exclusively on 16" wheels (99.9% of that on soft 16" tires, too) adjusted to the fully soft setting on the shocks. Shocks are a wearable item, but this should have kept shock wear to an absolute minimum. And I think it has. They feel exactly as new- excellent control, even when adjusted to full-soft. These are also the quietest coilovers I&#39;ve ever owned- they&#39;ve never once made any squeeks or pops, very unlike some other brands! These are also the only coilovers that can be adjusted in the rear without first removing the shock. Like I said, these things are fantastic- I loved them. I&#39;ve got four offers on these for $1000 before even advertising. If anybody is interested in topping that, I think we&#39;ll have a deal. The original bidders will have priority.

<strike>Racing Beat sway bars:</strike> SOLD! I have a heavily used rear bar and a brand new, unopened front bar- not that it matters, these things don&#39;t really wear out. The rear sway comes with two sets of bushings- one by Energy. The second set of bushings are a smidge skinnier, easing fitment, but I ended up carving a little out of the Racing Beat bushings instead. You&#39;ll get both, even though really you just need one or the other. The front bar is brand new, and comes with instructions, bushings, grease, etc. I don&#39;t have the shipping box for these things nor can I find one, so I&#39;m not sure how I&#39;m going to ship these. For that reason, local pickup is preferred- unless you&#39;ve got a suggestion. $175.

Sway bar bushings for OE sways: front bushings are unopened, the rear bushings are dirty from having lots of grease. Both are made by Energy. I believe the sizes are 23mm and 18mm, but I&#39;m going only by a very fuzzy memory. These make your stock sways a little more effective (and are legal in stock class autocross, woo!) $20.

<strike>Optimized throttle body:</strike> SOLD! this is a spare throttle body I have. I put a knife edge on the plate and cut/shaved the mounting hardware to allow much more flow. The throttle body works perfectly and has about 30k miles of use on it. I never polished it, so there are a few light scratches from the grounding stone I used to put the knife edge on. I doubt these impede air flow. I thought this throttle body definately made a difference- and if you want to bore it out more (like TwoWheelin did), now you can have this one as a spare in case the experiment goes wrong. Or, if you&#39;re having throttle body issues (some seem to report a wierd idle), you may simply use this as an OE replacement. $75.

Spark plug wires: brand new. Anybody need a spare set? I had these because the boots were damn near impossible to pull off, so I expected them to rip. Except then I got &#39;em off cleanly- so these are brand new. $15.

<strike>Wagner headers:</strike> SOLD! these are the original prototypes. They&#39;re still on the car- I&#39;ll remove them shortly. They work perfectly with the stock midpipe- there&#39;s hardly any increase in noise. These are currently wrapped in header wrap, which I&#39;d recommend. I&#39;ll even include some new header wrap if you want to re-wrap them. $200.

<strike>Wagner midpipe with catalytic converter:</strike> SOLD! this thing sucks, but for only one reason: it doesn&#39;t fit up to the stock ball-and-socket donut gasket. In order to fix this, I bought a flex-pipe. Once the flex pipe is welded into place on the midpipe, the midpipe will be able to mount up to the headers directly. The ball-and-socket joint is thus bypassed while still allowing flex. I never got around to cutting and welding this thing together, but it should be a pretty simple thing (if you know how to cut and weld). I imagine a muffler shop would do this for under $50. You can use this with the stock donut gasket if you wish, but it&#39;ll be loud. Some may like this. With the headers and midpipe, your 4cyl car will have as much power as a Mazda6 V6 MTX but without the weight. In fact, this midpipe is much lighter than stock. I&#39;m selling at no more than the cost of the catylitic converter and flex pipe: $125.

<strike>CPE lightweight battery trays:</strike> SOLD! Never installed. I also have my DIY lightweight battery tray, but you&#39;ll have to drill two holes in your stock tray to mount it (not a big deal). The CPE tray comes with PC680 battery which itself includes the insulating metal jacket and terminals. This battery just got me through a winter and worked fine in 20 degree weather. $125

DIY lightweight battery tray: You&#39;ll get some brackets, screws, clamps, and a hinge. You need only to drill two holes in your stock tray to get this to mount. $20.

<strike>CPE MAFci intake with new AEM dryflow filter:</strike> SOLD! This is the original. It&#39;s programmable but I&#39;m not sure I have the software installer still. It does not come with installation instructions, but I&#39;m sure someone here has them. It&#39;s in good shape. I never installed my AEM dryflow filter, but it&#39;s huge. I bought a big one because, quite simply, it fits. That&#39;ll extend filter cleaning intervals. $300.

Aluminum Pedals: these things are pretty crappy. I got them at Advance Auto for $15. I think I have the brake and clutch pedals, but I only used the gas pedal. It clamps on over the gas pedal, which was useful for raising the gas pedal. It made the gas pedal flush with the brake pedal, useful for heel-and-toe shifting. These were absolutely instrumental in learning how to heel-and-toe shift. $5.

<strike>FD RX-7 lightweight 16x8" racing wheels with Toyo RA-1 tires:</strike> SOLD! These are my racing wheels and tires. The wheels weigh less than air. OK, I&#39;m exaggerating, but they&#39;re REALLY light as well as WIDE. Mounted are 245/45/16 RA-1&#39;s on two and 225/50/16 RA-1&#39;s on the other two. I ran the fatter tires up front and had a lot of fun on these. The grip is just INSANE compared to street tires. These may also be the absolute best tire sizes- bar none- for the &#39;6. They are very, very wide. There are at least two full autocross seasons left on these as RA-1&#39;s are a relatively long-lasting tire. Furthermore, RA-1&#39;s do not deteriorate from numerous heat cycles- they just keep getting better as they wear. The rear tires have very little wear while the fronts show more wear. The top tread blocks have just disappeard and the tires are exactly at the point where most racers shave the tires to- about 4/32nd&#39;s tread. RA-1&#39;s last well beyond the point where it seems they have no tread left, so I&#39;d guess they&#39;re only a 1/3rd into their useful life. Again, there&#39;s tons of life left in these- and they keep getting faster as they wear in! I am including two 3mm spacers that I needed to get them to fit on the rear. Some say these were unnecessary, so you may not need these for your car. This setup is very, very fast- I can&#39;t emphasize that enough. No other modification can come close to improving your car&#39;s performance this drastically. $600.

This picture shows the wheels, albiet with different tires. Again, these wheels are extremely lightweight:

<strike>BBS Forged 15x6.5" Wheels:</strike> SOLD! I had planned to autocross on these using 225/50/15 tires, but Falken never made that size. They&#39;re a black mesh with a chrome lip. They&#39;re strong and 15lbs or so- pretty light. These would make good winter wheels- hell, they&#39;re cheap enough. They&#39;ve got some scratches but are in decent enough shape. After all, did I mention they&#39;re cheap? $140.

Cartridge Oil Filter: I can&#39;t imagine anyone wanting this, but since I converted to a spin-on filter, I&#39;ve got the original cartridge filter mount. $5.

<strike>G-Tech Pro:</strike> SOLD! This does not plug in to a cigarette lighter anymore. I cut the wire and had it wired directly into the top console. Thus, the wire is only about 12" long. $20.

Understand suspensions? Please take the required measurements for my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and share them on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sixme
Ill take the Throttle body give me full amount to shipping it to 99026

2014 Mazda 6 Touring White

H&R lowering springs, 15% tint all around, 20x9.25 xxr 550 wheels, JBR SRI,
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:22 AM

Interested in sway bars....I live in Ocean City, Md. but often travel to Germantown to visit parents. Also, is this the 2.3L or V6 and will the sway bars still fit a hatchback model? Im actually heading up there this weekend, and maybe ill take the headers w/ me too!

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life&#39;s problems!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:24 AM

It says in his first paragraph that these parts are for a 2.3L but im sure thats only for engine specific stuff.

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 AM

i want those coilovers so bad but thats just too steep (i know they are like 1600 new).

free bump because of sadness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

//
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Yeah I know what you mean. I would love the header but I just cant afford it right now and it sucks horribly

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Ill take the Throttle body give me full amount to shipping it to 99026
[/b]
$10.07 for FedEx ground.

My PayPal registered address is stretchsje_at_hotmail-dot-com, but I&#39;m open to other (less expensive!) forms of payment.

Understand suspensions? Please take the required measurements for my
and share them on this site.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM

didnt even see it, than scratch off the headers!

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life&#39;s problems!"
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to dragonfly
What exactly does the G-Tech do?

<span style="color:#000000">Onyx "As Dark As It Gets" Black</span></span>[/b]
<span style="color:#3366FF">18 in G-Racing Seki Wheels, Falken Ziex ZE 512 225/40/18 Tires, VIS Invader CF Hood, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, AEM CAI, Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe GF 210, Appearance Package, Lip Spoiler, Hardwired Passport 8500, Full Tint-Out, Blackend Headlights, Blackend Tailights, Blackend Mazda Emblem, Blackend Front Reflectors, Complete Lighting Overhaul on all lights, Removed Door Guards, OEM Lower Fogs, 2 x 10 in Blaupunkt Subs, Kenwood Amp, Vent Visors, NRG Hood Dampers, Synthetic Fluids All Around

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
Gtech measures gforces, 0-60 times, etc.

I know that colin was interested in the coilovers...

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page