Soul Red Atenza Diesel Wagon - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Soul Red Atenza Diesel Wagon

I took delivery in June, from Wood Brothers Mazda in Perth after a 3 month wait to get the spec and colour I wanted. Well worth the wait, as I have had many comments from random people about the colour and looks of the car.

After having test driven all the other wagons available in Australia, the Mazda 6 ticked the most boxes. At the same price level the only other car that is really comparable is the Ford Mondeo Platinum, but my wife doesn't like Fords and the Mondeo is due for replacement next year. The VW Passat is a great car with a similar sticker price, but once fitted with all the optional extras to bring it to the same spec level as the Atenza it costs close,to $10 000 dollars more. The Hyundai i40 is underpowered, although it has an impressive specification list. The Commodore Sportwagon has a bigger cargo area, but is only available in V6 or V8 Petrol, and is built on a 7year old platform that has been face lifted. The Volvo, Citroen and Peugeot all cost a lot more when species to the same level.

As noted by many other owners, the iPod interface and Tom Tom navigation are niggles that let down an otherwise really good car. Hopefully these can be rectified with a software / firmware upgrade.

I had a number of accesories fitted prior to delivery -
Floor mats
Window shields
Head light protectors
Mud flaps
Cargo tray
Roof racks
After market tinting - Octane by Tint A Car

As the Atenza is the top of range model in Australia, fitted with radar cruise control, lane departure warning, Smart Brake support, Adaptive headlights, LED daytime running lights, 11 speaker Bose sound system there is not much more I could want.

The Mazda diesel is a fantastic car to drive. The diesel is an effortless cruiser, and has plenty of power for overtaking. There is no drop off in performance when fully loaded as occurs with the petrol model. The car handles twisty roads far better than you would expect from a family wagon, and with the 6 speed auto with shifter paddles it is as much fun to drive as a manual. My previous car was a Holden (Opel) Astra Turbo, and on country roads the Mazda is just as much fun, and far more relaxed and more comfortable when cruising on the freeway.
So far my fuel consumption is averaging 6.2l/100km. I have had it drop to 5.9 and creep up to 7.2 dependant on driving style and city/freeway mix. Not bad compared to my Astra which averaged about 9.2l/100km for a smaller 2 door hatchback.

The Mazda looks and drives like a much more expensive car, and the interior ambience is definitely way better than a Camry or Accord. Driving dynamics and interior feel seem far more Euro than Japanese (Honda Accord or Toyota Camry) Mazda seems to focus on good driving dynamics and makes cars for people who enjoy driving them. The ride is a bit firmer than its Japanese rivals, but not overly harsh.
There are a few minor niggles such as placement of the clock low down just above the air on controls, and the infotainment system that has a few flaws.
If you enjoy driving as I do, you would quickly overlook these, as I have.
Also the 6 month / 10 000km service intervals are a bit below industry standard, but past experience has shown that frequent services have had cars I have owned do 250 - 350 000km without any major issues.

I tested and compared many cars before buying the Mazda, and can say I am very happy with my choice. Looking forward to many thousand km of happy motoring.

Mazda6 Atenza Diesel Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my boss's new ride. Atenza Diesel that is riding on 20" CX-9 rims that are painted Sparkle Black
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-14 18.00.31.jpg
Views:	3635
Size:	913.2 KB
ID:	134001  
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJudd77 For This Useful Post:
MrPayner (12-05-2014)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Groans: 172
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
OH sweet mother of pearl. I want one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
Thanks for the write-up.

Nice picture, too. (Post some more.)

Don

Officially Something ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page