Mazda 6 Forums banner

2017.5 Mazda 6 Trans question

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Zoom-Zoom6 
#1 ·
Guys we just bought our Mazda 6 last month it was a demo it had 5K miles on it well when we left the shop it wouldn’t shift into second gear when getting on it so no codes came up and Mazda Corperate told the dealership to put in a new Trans and sent us the Trans so we can figure it out now our 6 is just the Touring 6 model and what I have noticed while slowing down at 20 mph I feel as if the car brakes on its own is this normal?

#4 ·
Yes, it's preparing to downshift. It will even do this when in 'semi-manual mode'. I'll go from second to first, it will "brake" before engaging first. I am not a mechanic, I am simply relaying my experience and confirming that my 2017 behaves in the same manner.

#5 ·
So I’m still noticing when I’m slowing down when the car hits 20mph the car feels as if I’m pressing on the brake pedal and the rpm’s will bounce up as if I’m using the shifter to downshift the Transmission oh the car has 12k miles now.

I’m taking the car to the dealership and test drive another 6 and see if it does the same thing.

I’m worried about it because when I bought the car they had to replace the whole Transmission so I’m thinking maybe it’s something electronic that might need to be reprogrammed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.