Mazda 6 Hard-shift, over-revs without shifting AT - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mazda 6 Hard-shift, over-revs without shifting AT

Hello,

I don't know how to describe it, but you can see for yourself in the link below (youtube).

I bought a Mazda 6 AT 2.2D 175HP last week, the car has all the services made at Mazda and has warranty until October this year (extended 3+2).

When I push the gas pedal to kick-down sometimes it doesn't change the gear (usually in 3-4th gear), and I saw that for example on the highway if I push the pedal to kick-down/above the kick down the maxim speed is 140 km/h.

Thank you,
Nauer

link: youtube.com/watch?v=l45sP-e4Xgc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Another movie on the hight way, the speed is around 160 km/h but the revs don't go up.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=ziTDswPl0dc
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauer182 View Post
Hello,

I don't know how to describe it, but you can see for yourself in the link below (youtube).

I bought a Mazda 6 AT 2.2D 175HP last week, the car has all the services made at Mazda and has warranty until October this year (extended 3+2).

When I push the gas pedal to kick-down sometimes it doesn't change the gear (usually in 3-4th gear), and I saw that for example on the highway if I push the pedal to kick-down/above the kick down the maxim speed is 140 km/h.

Thank you,
Nauer

have you tried using manual mode? does it do the same thing? I would suggest taking the car to a transmission shop. looks like it could be a solenoid or transmission control module issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nauer

Start with draining and replacing your trans fluid. After that, do it twice more for a total of three times.
I use Mobil 1 MV formula for my 2004 5spd automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Start with draining and replacing your trans fluid. After that, do it twice more for a total of three times.
I use Mobil 1 MV formula for my 2004 5spd automatic
changing transmission fluid 3 times on a transmission with 80,000KM on it? You may as well take that money and burn it for entertainment.

1. Drain and fill is useless. If you're opening up your transmission, ALWAYS change your pan filter.

2. 99% chance changing the transmission fluid in OP's case will not fix anything. He only has 80k on the car.

3. Mobil 1 anything is shit quality.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:53 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
changing transmission fluid 3 times on a transmission with 80,000KM on it? You may as well take that money and burn it for entertainment.

1. Drain and fill is useless. If you're opening up your transmission, ALWAYS change your pan filter.

2. 99% chance changing the transmission fluid in OP's case will not fix anything. He only has 80k on the car.

3. Mobil 1 anything is shit quality.
Now that we know how your feel, what would you do to help the original poster and their dilemma?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Now that we know how your feel, what would you do to help the original poster and their dilemma?
Take a look at the first response in this thread.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nauer

have you tried using manual mode? does it do the same thing? I would suggest taking the car to a transmission shop. looks like it could be a solenoid or transmission control module issue.

Hello to both,

No need to argue about this problem, thank you for your responses.

If I use the pedals to use manual mode, the car chages (1 second after I hit the + pedal to change up).

But the problem is that when I get to 140-160 km/h the car doesn’t revv anymore.

I will wait for the Mazda engineer this monday to see what he says about this thing, but they told me that the first step is to change the oil in the gearbox.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nauer

Hello to both,

If I use the pedals to use manual mode, the car chages (1 second after I hit the + pedal to change up).

But the problem is that when I get to 140-160 km/h the car doesn’t revv anymore.

I will wait for the Mazda engineer this monday to see what he says about this thing, but they told me that the first step is to change the oil in the gearbox.
Yes, fluid and filter change is the first step. However, your issue (3,4 gear specifically has an issue) sounds like a solenoids or TCU/TCM (transmission control management, transmission control unit whatever it’s called) issue to me.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,
Nauer

Hello to both,

Yes, fluid and filter change is the first step. However, your issue (3,4 gear specifically has an issue) sounds like a solenoids or TCU/TCM (transmission control management, transmission control unit whatever it’s called) issue to me.

So for example if it is the solenoids or tcu/tcm is very bad??

Hope that it s a software problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page