Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Mazda6 To Finally Get AWD Option
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:57 AM
tango
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I think Mazda is making a terrible mistake offering the diesel in the Signature trim level. They are trying to market it to a customer who I do not believe exists. Generally speaking, frugal customers are not the ones willing to put almost $50k on a car. Instead, they would rather shop at the lower end of the spectrum. I think they are mixing up people who will put down large sums for the likes of a Tesla. These people are not particularly frugal, but tend to be techno-savvy above all else. Mazda should offer the diesel in its own trim (a cross between Sport and Touring, perhaps) and charge around $28k and see what happens. While I'm actually hoping for the best (I'd buy one, to be honest), I also hope that Mazda knows that if this fails...and in all likelihood it will...they will help to permanently destroy the diesel market in the the US, once and for all.

Ad Agendum, Semper Perati

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Mazda6 i Grand Touring

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome