Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Auto Transmission Oil Capacity
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:30 PM
johnnymg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteGT6 View Post
I wish I changed mine at 40 or 50k instead of when I did at 80k. Just like you found, I had a lot of metal particles on the magnet and the fluid was in rough shape. I used atf multi vehicle max life and have had no issues to date. I have put about 3k miles since the change. I’m with you, I can’t see paying the oem prices.
I just did a 'service' on my 2014 Mazda 6 transaxle (@65.5 K miles). With the car level I got just under 4 quarts drained from the pan. The old ATF looked VERY clean so I didn't bother with a filter change. I refilled the transaxle with just under 4 quarts of the very spendy Mazda ATF and then ran the engine for a good 5 minutes shifting from drive to reverse. I then drained the ATF again and refilled as before. I used an infrared temperature tool to make sure the ATF level was checked at ~120 degrees F when idling in park.

I got the Mazda ATF from Med Center Mazda. Part # is 0000-FZ-113E-01 and it's currently $11.50. You should be able to get this oil at your local Mazda dealer.

Last edited by johnnymg; 05-14-2019 at 05:35 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome