Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Technical issues
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:30 AM
DrFeelGood
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jael Ryan View Post
Coolio. While driving home my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck there. When going up a hill i made a shift from 2 to 3 and hear like a small pop and i felt as if i lost some weight on the clutch. I was able to limp the car home but there was no clutch response when depressed. When i stepped on the clutch nothing happened. When i completely let off the clutch it rose idling to about 1100rpm any ideas coz i thot i broke my transmission even though at a recent oil change after asking them to check they said the transmission had almost new oil in it.
Bummer, it sounds like your clutch cover (pressure plate) broke. I suppose there is an outside chance it could be a slave or clutch master cylinder but I am betting against it.
You will likely need a clutch kit, (cover plate and bearings plus resurfacing your flywheel. I personally would also flush the clutch hydraulic fluid at this time as well.
Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome