Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - apple carplay 2015 sport
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:31 AM
huntermm
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
The big questions is, whether the command knob thing will work with aftermarket HUs, and if it does, how does it function? If it doesn't function, is there a blanking plate or something to get rid of the knob?
So far, I've been unable to find anything that definitively will maintain the commander knob short of an android head unit (which almost always won't support CarPlay/AA). I know the sport trims did not include a commander knob. If I recall correctly, they had a little cup in place of the knob so that could likely be tracked down.

I wish I could remember where I read about it, but someone had mentioned the iDatalink Maestro RR could support the commander knob but I haven't found anything to back this claim up yet and I haven't had the chance to speak with an iDatalink representative. I intend to make some inquiries with a few vendors to see if anyone has more information, I just haven't found the time to do so yet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome