Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - New Manual transmission top-off experiment
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Cdn17Sport6MT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Very good to hear that you made progress with this matter. There is also a TSB in regard to shift mechanism alignment. It applies to the Mazda3 - but 'cause the shifter and shift cable arrangements are totally the same as the Mazda6 - it applies here, too. TSB no. 05-007/13. I can PM that to you if you wish. Oh, in addition, interior upper console removal is necessary... pretty easy - but it MUST BE done carefully. I have those instructions, too, but for the 2016 - 2017.5. Likely minor differences with the 2018.

Here (below) is the account of the trials and tribulations that one fellow had with his 6MT Mazda6.... If you read to the very end of the forum / thread - you can see that though it sounds totally unlikely, the realignment of his shifter had an incredible impact on exactly what you are experiencing.

I will be undertaking this TSB 'real soon... and I may indeed go to the Redline 75W-80 fluid (i have two quarts ready-to-go).

Here is the thread: https://forum.mazda6club.com/mtx-tra...nsmission.html

Good luck... and please keep folks informed!

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada

Last edited by Cdn17Sport6MT; 04-21-2019 at 09:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cdn17Sport6MT For This Useful Post:
hillybilly (04-21-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome