Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - I'll never buy a Mazda again
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
cheesehead
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rude response from Mazda

I had a 2012 VW CC. VW extended warranties on several parts they knew to be problematic in their design. I had my VW fixed at no charge as it should be.

Mazda makes a defective product and will only cover it for the original warranty period. When I emailed them to complain here is the response:

Thank you for contacting the Mazda Customer Experience Center. I am sorry to hear your disappointment, but this is some of the risk involved with buying a used vehicle. The concern you are experiencing could have been present a majority of the time while the previous owner had the vehicle as that started almost 4 years ago, or it may have been only until you purchased the vehicle the concern became present with wind noise; however, there is no guarantee any TSB concern will happen on every single vehicle. Parts can fail and concerns on every vehicle can happen. Every product-related concern related to defect of a part grants coverage as a matter of being inside the applicable warranty; therefore, if you are outside of the warranty, you are now responsible for the repair.

If you have any questions or responses, you may reach me by replying directly to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
Andrew

So this known defect might have only started when I bought the car 5 days ago? I am highly about this response. He is also saying "hey the defective product we made, that failed so frequently we had to issue a TSB, might fail after the warranty period." Tough luck!

I'll make sure to test drive my next car for a much longer time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome