Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 24hr test drive of 2014 GT black on black
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:04 PM
tickerguy

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
I would change the ATX fluid and filter. I like 50k mile intervals on that for both ATX and MTX. ATXs are gawd-awful expensive if/when they fail, fluid and filters are cheap. Don't believe for a second that "lifetime" fluid means any longer than the life of the now-dead transmission. This is a "must use Mazda's fluid" deal as well.

Other than that, and routine stuff (e.g. oil filter and changes; use the Mazda filter) there's not much. They're remarkably stable vehicles in terms of not needing anything special when it comes to maintenance and similar.

At 100k I would change both stretchy and serpentine belts; they're cheap and if you break either you'll be quite annoyed changing them on the side of the road. The stretchy belt drives the water pump; break THAT one and you're stopping NOW, not when you find a convenient place. I would also do the coolant since you'll be at ~5 years as well around that point; use FL-22 (it's on the cap.) In addition plugs are something I've done at 60k twice but frankly they were probably good for 100.

Last edited by tickerguy; 04-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome