Mazda 6 Forums banner

If there was one thing you could change about the/your Mazda 6 what would it be?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Trippp 
#1 ·
For me I would say besides power I would want the exterior paint to be more durable because it chips a lot (especially the soul red color).

Reactions: Jimmyol2
#2 · (Edited)
Ditto and partially ditto. Re power, it's not so much power per se, but bottom-end torque. Also gearing. No granny-gear first-gear! and a taller 6th (on my 6MT). The gearing vs. low end torque comments are not counter to one another: I want to get further down the road (from a stop) before I have to shift to 2nd... i.e. I want a taller 1st gear, and I want there to be more bottom-end torque to be able to pull a taller 1st gear. First gear feels decent once I have a few revs on - but I would like to be able to shift 1st to 2nd at 2500 - for normal commuting-driving, and not bog in 2nd.

#3 ·
The paint is definitely thin, but on a day to day basis the feature I'd like most would be the full stop and go adaptive cruise control like 2018s have. My infotainment complaints were largely taken care of by the addition of Android Auto, though it'd be nice to have turn-by-turn directions in the active driving display like with factory nav.

#4 ·
I second that about power and paint, I'd like a closer gear spacing between 1st and 2nd gears (MT). the side view mirrors have a huge blind spot due to being position back from the A-pillar. It is aesthetically pleasing, but creates that huge blind spot, that I haven't experienced with other cars.

#7 ·
In the US, only for Sport trim can you get a manual, currently for MY18. In Canada, you cannot get 6MT for ANY trim. Used to be, for MY17, you could get it for GX, GS, GT (more or less the same as US trims Sport, Touring and Grand Touring).

:frown2:

#8 ·
I just want to black out all my chrome trim/emblems and pick up some new black wheels. I actually purchased black vinyl for the trim, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to do it. I also need to fix a broken tail light, oh well!

Oh and for the record, my car is red. Terran Republic for life!

#11 ·
I have a 2018 GTR, and I wish the integrated nav was better. Having to manually enter an address makes it almost useless, and it doesn't have a very good catalog of places/businesses for the voice search. It's also atrocious at understanding voice commands for dialing. I can say the name to call over and over and it will never give me the right person. Switch over to Android auto and it finds the correct contact on the first try. Alternatively, just put Android Auto nav into the HUD like the integrated Nav.

If I can have 2 things, I would like to be able to set the thigh support higher on the seat. My old 2005 had better range for the seat adjustment.

3rd thing would be lighter steering, or an option to make it lighter. It's all drive by wire anyway, so theoretically the wheel feedback could be adjustable.

#13 ·
Those are pretty easy to get installed for a reasonable cost at a local shop. We had one installed my wife’s CX-5 driver seat. Was around $200-250-ish to add it if I remember right.

#14 ·
We're lucky here in Canada in that my '17 GX (~Sport) at least has seat heaters for all 4 seats, heated mirrors, auto-wipers, auto-lights and rear camera. It does NOT have leather steering wheel or leather shift knob on the other side of the ledger.

#16 ·
For the most part, Mazda nailed it for me. Any major wants are either out of this class or will hopefully be addressed in the next gen... namely AWD to help fully put down the turbo’s power. I like many of the details in the new 3 which I’m sure will make their way to the next 6 as well like the new Bose system, LCD instrument cluster, and updated infotainment.

As for the current car, my gripes are really minor but annoying.

The rear seat heater switches and the USB ports in the rear armrest… Stupid. If there’s a car seat back there or three people, you can’t use either. They should both be in the rear of the front console, under the vents. I actually like how Honda puts the rear seat heater switches on the doors next to the window switch.

Speaking of USB ports, every USB port in our Jeep allows you to use CarPlay. Annoying that we have one specific one....that is if you have CarPlay at all. :-/

Why is the steering will only heated on the sides? That’s fine when you’re driving in a straight line but when I turn the wheel, I end up grabbing the cold top and bottom pieces.

1st world problems .....:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.