Mazda 6 Forums banner

bluetooth usb mod

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TalonTsi90 
#1 ·
hi all
im looking at putting a bluetooth usb add on into the 2005 mazda6 so far ive found a local place saying $300NZ and online a kit for about $350nz
any info on what you guys have used and found good or not so good will be appreciated

ps: it has bose stereo

i tried to link a photo and links to the bluetooth modules but the forum system wont let me, chur

thanks
kris

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
Does this send a better (stronger) signal to the deck vs the aux mod? I haven't been able to properly set my gains since I installed the amps due to the weakish signal from the sylfex mod. The cd player doesn't work in my 6 to run the test tones so the best that I could do is from the phone. Also, what kind of CD control does it need? Mine just doesn't take (or read for that matter) CDs. Not too concerned about it at this time but will eventually need to come up with something before the audio overhaul I have planned.

Kris, if you're a diyer I'd follow his link on how to get everything up and running to save 1/2 the money. It looks straight forward. If you're worried about the soldering, any phone repair shop should be able to do it for you on the cheap. I know my go to phone guy would be able to look at the pic and see what needs to be done and charge probably 10 bucks (if I didn't want to solder it myself).

Reactions: DrFeelGood
#3 ·
Do you have a link for that module? I'm not sure how they are wanting you to hook it up to the radio.

While I don't have Bluetooth in my car, I do have the aux mod from here Sylfex. It works great and it's cheap. The install took about 30 mins if I remember. The volume on it seems too low for my liking but it's fine for now. I'll run an inline headphone amplifier when I really want to fix the issue.

#10 ·
Its easier on the 06+ with the Aux mod in my sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.