Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2016 Mazda6 GT to 2018 refresh
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
USAF_AV8R
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2016 Mazda6 GT to 2018 refresh

My 2016 GT got decently damaged in the windstorms we've been having out here which will require body work and repaint. I like the 2018 front-side refresh and figured I would see what that would entail to update from a 2016 front end to 2018 GT, GT Reserve, or Signature while I'm at it. I'm not worried about refreshing the rear (rear bumper, tail lights, etc.)

I've already figured out the components that would need to be swapped out (bumper, upper bumper panel, hood, headlights, etc.). It seems like the fenders are the same part #'s from 2016 to 2018 which is interesting because the 2018 headlights look slimmer. The only part I have any concern about would be the headlights. I'm not fully certain if that is plug n' play, or how extensive the re-wiring work would be. I know the 2018 doesn't have fog lights unlike my 2016 so that's one less worry about wires.

Side note: I've modified all of my Mazda vehicles, with extensive work on my FD and some on my R3 so I'm not too worried with modifications... just seeing if anyone else has thought about swapping parts to "upgrade" to the 2018 front end and what you may have run into.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome