Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 3rd Gen Weight Reduction Ideas/Tips?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 AM
Byakuya
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2886 Post(s)
Thanked 4,060 Times in 2,852 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
I know this is a car forum, but with sportbikes every bit of weight loss can make a difference. Some folks get so caught in shaving a few grams here and there with titanium bolts, lightweight (but fragile) chaindrives, etc. But what a lot of people seem to forget is if you shed a few pounds yourself that can make an even bigger difference.

But yeah, if you're not racing the thing and still want to daily drive it, ditch the spare tire and accessories and get a lighter wheel/tire combo. Aftermarket exhaust will be a hair lighter as well.
I wasn't gonna say it, but that's always in the back of my mind when I see people who are larger doing things like getting lightweight seats, removing spare tires and whatnot. A human being can weigh a LOT and it is the cheapest thing to modify (free).

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome