Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Oil pressure light came on....
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
nola mike
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oil pressure light came on....

Last night, driving home, getting off the highway (50 miles). Lamp came on, pulled over. Oil level fine. Restarted car, lamp out, then flickered on/off for the last mile home. 120k miles, has never burned a drop of oil. Engine sounds fine. Restarted it today, let it idle for 10 minutes or so, no recurrence. Hoping (fingers crossed) that it's a bad oil pressure sensor. I'm guessing that it's ok to drive at least short term, since if this was something catastrophic then a) it would have come back on this AM, and b) my engine would already be toast. I'm thinking that the best course of action is just to replace the OPS rather than even try to check oil pressure, since it looks like I have to thread a gauge into that same PITA location anyway. If it cures problem, great, if not, move on to checking pressure, dropping pan, etc.

Sound reasonable? Is there another place to tap and check the pressure?

Anyone have a picture of the wiring connector? i got under the car today and was able to reach it, but couldn't figure out how to unclip it since I can't see it.

Wish me luck, about to travel another 100 miles round trip today...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome