Mazda 6 Forums banner

Bad PS front door speaker

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  red_johnny 
#1 ·
So I am going to replace the bad speaker with the one in the link below (6x8). I tested the speaker to see if I could get it to move with a 9V battery, nothing. So I tried 12V, nothing. Not a pop or anything. I guess the coil is done. Anyway, while I am at it I am going to upgrade to complement the radio with an add on. Also below from aliexpress. Going to run in a backup camera. This car is for my daughter and I am not new to car audio, I understand these Chinese units are "you get what you pay for" but I have done a few of these already. And for a factory location replacement they are pretty decent. I put a similar one in my sons car, he has a passat.

#2 ·
I guess I cant post the links...lol. Too low of a post count.
So the speakers are 6” x 8” Car Sound Speaker (Pair) - Upgraded Blue Poly Injection Cone 3-Way 360 Watts w/ Non-fatiguing Butyl Rubber Surround 70 - 20Khz Frequency Response 4 Ohm & 1" ASV Voice Coil - Pyle PL683BL
Radio is Bway 10.2" car radio for Mazda 6 old android 7.0 car dvd player with bluetooth,gps navi,SWC,wifi,Mirror link,support DVR

#3 ·
I’ve always wondered about those big android units on AliExpress when you can be sure to post some links and pics! When you get it could you also update about how good it is I’ve been considering one for my car but I’m concerned about the “you get what you pay for “ scenario lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Its basically a tablet. Controls could be laid out better along with more control over various things but that's based off of older models. This one ties into the factory radio. It goes above where the lid that opens is. But it gives you the ability to keep the factory radio while adding in GPS, Bluetooth, USB ports, SD card slot, rear camera and some allow you to tie into rear headrest screens. This model uses android 7.0 so it should offer quite a bit more flexibility. In the end you still have the crappy factory system but you have more features over stock.

#6 ·
The ones I’ve been looking at replace the entire radio, but this is a really neat idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Got the one cheapo speaker installed today. Sounds very close to stock. I was hoping for better but meh, its for a kid. I only installed the one due to that panel was off from when I was troubleshooting the bad speaker. I am awaiting new door clips before I button it back up and tackle the Drivers Side. Might order the new radio this weekend. Once I do it takes about a month to get it.

#8 ·
Didn't order the radio yet, waiting on some funds to clear. But I have changed my mind. I am going to replace the factory unit and install a Chinese kit that has the radio built in. Reason being, if I have to take the dash apart anyway just to get the other unit in I should just save myself some work. This way nothing looks too much out of place and I think it would be easier to reach. She will loose out on the ability to use CDs but that's what SD cards are for. The only thing I worry about is the upper display, will I loose anything off of that. This unit comes with a CANBUS decoder but I am not sure if that keeps the functions or not.

Attachments

#9 ·
I ordered the radio and it should be here in about a month. I'll post a review and pics when its finished. No need to do a how to as there are enough how to remove your radio posts out there. One thing I am not sure is if the old radio display will still function. I know someone cracked part of the code on that but I would imagine that the radio must be capable of sending that info to it. The other info such as heater/AC info I would imagine would still work. Guess we will find out. Oh, I also bought a camera that's imbedded into the license plate light. That should be an easy enough install and wire run. Lastly I bought new heater/AC/fan knobs. I might do a before and after shot on those.

#10 ·
I need to contact the company I got the radio from. The gps doesn’t have USA maps and I’m not sure where the additional micro sd goes. It didn’t come with a microphone either. I haven’t hooked up the back up camera yet as I am waiting for a specific one. Also it was supposed to have car play and it only has mirror link. It’s not car play. Overall it’s good for the kid (once we get the gps straight) but I’d rather have a pioneer unit

Attachments

#11 ·
UPDATE: company is giving me the run around on the map issue so I asked for a partial refund. T-link is their solution to CarPlay. I can get the maps but its going to cost me 20 bucks. The rear camera should be arriving any day now and I hope it will be here before the weekend so I can install it. I think its still a nice radio, just a poor seller. It happens when you try to cut out the middle man and save some cash which I was expecting. I would still buy this again. There is one other issue I have to figure out why the dash lights for the AC, rear defrost and such are not working. Guess I will take it out and have a look this weekend regardless.

#12 ·
Got the rear camera installed. Pretty easy after all the trim removal. I did check on my trunk handle as I thought the spring was broken, I was right. So next month I am likely going to order that part. I also installed new LED license plate light/housings. I will take pics this weekend.

Oh and I did get a refund. $75. Not bad but I will have to pay for the maps, $20 then figure out how to get T-Link to work.

#13 ·
Thats why i just installed a BT addon, went through my AUX input and used my phone for everything.

#14 ·
Yeah, that is a good way to get things done but I wanted more. I will get it figured out or find a "good enough" solution. The maps seem pretty easy. I will have to transfer files to the radios HD but that should be easy. This T-Link thing is going to give me grief as I cant even find the app anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.