Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Why the 6?
Thread: Why the 6?
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 02:25 PM
TechZeke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEyes View Post
I am just about to crest 55000 kms (33,000 or so miles). Car still works well but I am running into some issues which I am sure others are tired of hearing about. My car has been to dealer over 13 times to try and diagnosis a few things. I've had my sway bar replaced, clock spring in the steering column replaced (the new one is starting to do the same high pitched squeak noise the original was doing) and no one can identify a noise in the front strut (but everyone hears it, which is important to note). Strut has also been replaced.

Overall, I'm not 100% happy with my purchase as my previous '16 Mazda 3 GT didn't have any issues for the 2 years I owned it so I was a bit disappointed when this new car started giving me trouble the minute it left the lot. I am hoping it's just because I bought the car so early in production.
Unfortunately, there is luck involved when it comes to cars. My parents both own 2017 Pacifica Minivans(Mother in California, Father in North Texas). My father bought one of the first vans to arrive at the dealer in May 2016, so he has a very early build. He hasn't had to take it to the dealer for any issues. My mother on the other hand, bought hers in September 2016 and had numerous issues. Most of which we found out were because of a defective/incorrectly installed fuse that caused all of the electronics to run at partial voltage and drain the battery. It runs great now that it's been fixed.

10,000 miles in with my 6 and no issues so far, even with horrible Texas roads. Not even a squeak or rattle.

Hopefully things get sorted out for you, because you may have gotten a "friday afternoon" car like my mother.

2018 Mazda 6

Grand Touring Reserve
Deep Crystal Blue Exterior
Black Interior

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome