Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Cylinder 3 misfire
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:27 PM
bluedevil6

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
My thoughts are, did you clear the cylinder 3 code after swapping the coil? And, did you run the diagnostic to see what the CEL light was trying to tell you on you 55mph run?

The next thought is to run a compression test and see if cylinder 3 is low. My other thought is that the coils can be otherwise fine by appearance but not work under load and heat. I would probably suggest replacing all the coils if you suspect them at all. I don't have any experience with the injectors so someone else will need to help you there.
^^^^ what he said ^^^^

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome