Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2005 Mazda 6 3.0l v6
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 07:50 PM
bluedevil6

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
i believe that hose routes coolant through nipple on the throttlebody and intake. those lines are very misunderstood. people think the hot coolant increases intake charge temp so they block it off thinking it 'll lower IAT sensor readings. other people live where it's warm and delete it because they think it prevents throttle body icing in winter and they don't need it. both of those groups are misinformed. the actual purpose is to cool the EGR passage and lower intake temperature once the car is up to temp. it's part of the COOLING system. it fights heatsoak. exhaust gas is a lot hotter than 200 and that hose keeps the passages the hot EGR gas passes through in check. depending on the car and how long it's driving you may have an intake that is a hell of a lot hotter than it should be with that disconnected. if you delete the EGR system, it is safe to discard those coolant lines. if EGR functions, those lines should function as well. i have studied this quite a bit and i deleted those lines and the EGR system on my foxbody. not because i wanted to get rid of EGR, i like EGR gas and i wanted to leave it so could try to inject extra for mpg while cruising. unfortunately in 1992 car computers didn't have many extra sensor inputs. in order to datalog my air fuel ratio i repurposed the input wire from the egr's EVP sensor as described here: eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14947

new guy here. not a know it all, just a car guy that is always learning and willing to get in over my head. my profession is a signmaker. i'm just chiming in because i know those lines and their purpose.

Not sure if the egr portion applies here, on these v6s the egr is not at all connected to the tb and it is located after it so the gasses go directly into the intake, those coolant lines only run through the tb not the intake. But this is an interesting piece of information that I did not know before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 11-17-2018 at 07:58 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome