Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Auto to manual conversion
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Sean McCusker
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks b1lk1 for the heads up i never thought it would be a simple swap but i will make it happen, and yes for me it is far cheaper to swap the trans vs sell and buy a manual as i would lose money selling and have2 pay more for a manual one anyway hence it makes sense to me. The conversion is going good so far biggest hiccup has been getting the auto out the bottom but i got there. Also putting the gear cables through was a mission as the drain tray/lower cover for the a/c box covers one of the nuts for the plate where the cables pass through and i dont think you can take it out in one piece without removing the entire unit which is dash out. I have an manual ecu but it has different connectors must be from a mazda speed or pre 06 im guessing so im running the auto ecu atm. The manual dash works so far has no check lights up lol. I plugged the auto gear selector in and set it to park for now and the car starts now just havent driven it yet as i still have to swap the brake master cylinder then bleed the clutch. Will be interesting when i drive it 🙂

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome