Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Jack Stand Location?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 04:54 PM
S100Y

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Ok sounds good, so for the load spreading with the jack stands you would want more than just rubber caps? Something heftier to balance the pinch weld on?

Also, I went to review the jacking points again and I found this:

This is directly in front of the pinch weld area and I was curious if thats normal for the metal frame to look like that and why its so deformed? I purchased this car from a dealership and I'm just trying to find any other surprises they might have left me..thanks for the help
That looks way too much deformed. I have jacked up from the pinch welds both with and w/o puck as well as scissor jack. Scissor jack made minor deformation, very light not even close to what I see in your pics. Actually you can both jack up and put the stand under the pinch weld but you have to be VERY CAREFUL and PRECISE in their placements because they literally touch each other at the base. if you are a little off you could damage the area beyond the pinch weld. I wish Mazda had extended the pinch welds by another 4 inches. Occasionally I go with putting the stand under the control arm bushing but that means for a few seconds you are sticking your arm under the car while it is only supported by the jack, don't like that either.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome