Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - What competes with the 2018 M6 Turbo?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 08:54 AM
MazdaMetalhead

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKingston View Post
Hi all,
I'm currently shopping around and wondered what alternatives to the 2017/18 M6 were considered when doing your research.

The M6 would be my first mid-size sedan previous owner of 3 M3s and an M5 (for the fam!). I'm looking at:
Accord Turbo
Elantra Turbo
'19 Jetta

Are there any others that competed for your interest?
I think you'll find the Jetta and Elantra much too small if you're considering the 6. Hyundai makes a great car (we're leasing a base model AT '17 Elantra which is fine and it was CHEAP) but the driving enjoyment just isn't there.

The Passat would be more in line, but I personally don't think VWs are reliable (or cheap to maintain) at all and the company has a LOT of baggage.

I guess you could look at a Camry or Maxima, but really my two top choices would be the 6 or the Accord 2.0T, which miraculously still comes in a stick.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome