Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Tanabe NF210 - TNF173 on 2018 Mazda 6 Wagon
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Dougspeed

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
But the springs go over the coils. Eibach and Bilsteins are meant to be paired together. Eibach springs won’t fit on the OEM struts, but shouldn’t be an issue with different ones.
You're kidding me right? I don't even know where to start in explaining to you that it's not how that works. Struts and shocks, be it OEM or aftermarket are all designed around the OEM springs, meaning the perch that hold the springs in place only fit OEM springs. Aftermarket lowering springs are designed to fit in those OEM spring perches, except they're just shorter with usually higher spring rates. And Eibach doesn't make universal fit springs and Bilstein doesn't make universal fit struts/shocks so no, you can't randomly install them to the Mazda 6 or any other car that it isn't specifically designed for. There's also the issue of spring rates which are different for different models.
Please do some research before you start making suggestions on these or any forums because what you're suggesting isn't grounded in reality. I'm not trying to be harsh but what I'm telling you is very basic and you don't seem to be comprehending anything I say on this particular subject.

Last edited by Dougspeed; 08-14-2018 at 09:03 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome