Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Thanked 1,146 Times in 836 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold75 View Post
They look good. I also was looking at the Weathertech deflectors, but I have never had these on any car before. Do you see a practical benefit from these or is it more about the looks?
The benefits to these are more practical than just the looks.

The biggest benefit is that you can leave your windows open (about an inch or so) when parked. They keep rain from dripping in and spotting/ruining your seats, and the tint hides the fact that your windows are open. This is a HUGE benefit to cars with dark (or leather) interiors on very hot/humid days. Using these and a sunshield, they help to keep the car interior cooler and allow fresh air to circulate.

For most cars, they also provide extra wind buffeting when your windows are down while driving, and usually help to quiet the interior also.

I had these for each of my previous vehicles, except for my '10 Mazda6, and they were all very useful for me. I didn't get them for the '10 because Weathertech did not make an in-channel version of them, and other aftermarket stick-on versions covered up the chrome strip above the window, making them look tacky and unappealing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
blackngold75 (08-09-2018), Jaggrey (08-08-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome