Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Some 1st gen love!!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
DJ Raydiate

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Hey everyone!! It's been almost 2 months since I've done anything to (or even drove) my car. It hit 180k even (I'll upload the pic later) and developed a misfire in #4 cylinder. I figured it had to have been the coils that I've had on the car for the 3 years that I've had it. I got them as a set of 6 on eBay for less than $40. 3 years and 30k miles didn't seem bad for eBay coils to me lol. Anyway got a new set of coils and plugs for her and did the front bank just to get rid of the misfire so I wasn't down a car. Sadly, this was not the case. After the quick change it still had a misfire on #4 .

Being discouraged and busy, I didn't look anymore into it. Finally had time this past weekend to take the plugs back out to have a better look. It seems as if the injector is not working in #4 . Not being able to hear it or test it without taking the car apart, I just ordered up a set of refurbished injectors that will be here Friday. While I'm at it, I'll be doing the rear plugs and coils, pcv valve, and upper and lower intake gaskets.

This should fix the issue and get it back on the road. I have so much in store for it and can't wait to drive it again. I've had to drive my wife's 2000 VW beetle

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!

Last edited by DJ Raydiate; 07-17-2018 at 02:35 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome