Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Vibration through firewall and pedal from 80kms
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Medallion68
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Vibration through firewall and pedal from 80kms

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2016 Atenza 6 Diesel Auto from interstate (I live in Australia) and there's a vibration coming through the firewall and accelerator pedal along with an extremely annoying rubbing noise from around 70kms when I just turn the steering wheel to the right only from 5 degrees onwards.The car has about 20,000kms on it. It does not happen on a left hand bend or driving straight. It won't happen if you just reef the steering wheel hard to the right, it's only on a slight right hand sweeping curve. Had a 4 wheel alignment and balance done, no change. Mazda had it up on the hoist and checked everything, nothing loose . Had my mechanics also look and couldn't find the problem. Its not like a clunking banging sound, its like a rubbing sound every 3/4 to 1 second, so annoying! it's going back to a dealer this Wednesday with the supervisor to come for a long drive with me so he can really feel and hear it, but I'm hoping for someone to also offer places to look before hand.

I would greatly appreciate anyones suggestions and look forward to hearing from you .

Kind regards,
Rod

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome