Mazda 6 Forums banner

Lara's Montego Blue 1994 Mazda RX7

21K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  keck03 
#1 · (Edited)
Updated: 03/22/2018

Finally got her back from IR Performance September 2017 after a full rebuild and single turbo conversion. Had her tuned in February 2018. Conservative 398 HP/321 TQ at 16.7 PSI.

Engine

• IR Performance Stage 3 Streetport Engine
  • IR Performance EFR 7670 Single Turbo Kit
  • ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit
  • APEXI FC Commander ECU
  • AEM Meth Injection Kit
  • Earl's 25 Row Oil Cooler with Braided Lines
  • Full Function Engineering FD Fuel Step Up Kit
  • Oil and Coolant Passage Modification
  • PFS Side Mount Intercooler & Duct
  • Racing Beat 3" SS Full Exhaust
  • RX Parts Apex Seals
  • Walbro 450 Fuel Pump
Aesthetics

• SBG Bi-Xenon HID Projector Headlights
  • Shine Auto Low Profile Tail Light Spoiler
  • Shine Auto RE Street Diffuser
  • Shine Auto Spec-M Front Lip
  • Shine Auto Spec-GT Sidesteps
Suspension

• Buddy Club Full Adjustable Coilovers
Wheels & Tires

• 17x8.5 Sparco Tarmac Gunmetal
  • Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 255/45-17

See less See more
#44 ·
Anyways - enough of that (please).

This weekend I go for emissions - wish me luck! Tomorrow night is oil change, new spark plugs and vac test. Also going to finish up on my free tail light modification. Horray! Getting her ready for the climb. :)

Reactions: GhostlyShdow
#45 ·
Finished up the tail light mod Friday night.. quite pleased with the way it turned out. :)

Currently in the process of buffing out some minor swirls and will be doing some paint chip repair.

#46 ·
1000 lbs is a big difference from the Speed6 to the RX7.... just sayin'

Still excited to see this at the climb Lara! :)

Reactions: Lara
#51 ·
Nothing new to see here. I've been enjoying the heck out of her these last few weeks. I'll be sad to store her for the winter..but that's a few weeks away still.

I'm hoping to save up some money over the winter to do some mods on her come spring.

#54 ·
Still a beautiful machine.

Now about those wheels...
LOL..now you're the second person to say that. You know me better than to do something hideous like that.

Quickly looked at picture, thought I saw a hideous ricer white spoiler, was ready to drive down there and steal car from you
Hahahha yes. Wheels, 99-spec front bumper, projector lights, rear spoiler lip..all on my list.

#58 ·
Oh my. Thanks for pointing me here Byakuya.

I unfortunately let this page go silent. I've updated the first post with some new photos. Last year the car was sent to IR Performance in NJ for an engine rebuild after I lost compression in the rear rotor. While there we found a few problems from the previous owner that needed to be rectified and also decided to go for a single turbo conversion when the 99-spec twins showed they were in need of a rebuild.

I got it back in September 2017 and spent a few months throwing the 1,000 miles on it needed for a full street tune. Finally hit the magic number and had the RX7 tuned last month. With a Stage 3 streetport, EFR 7670 single turbo and some supporting modifications (full list in first post) we hit 398 HP/321 TQ at 16.7 psi. We have room to grow, but I wanted to take it slow for now.

#59 ·
I will never, EVER get tired of seeing pics of that FD.

Seriously, it's in the Top 3 of THE best I've ever seen. It's super clean and not riced out.

And that color... :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.