Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Some 1st gen love!!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
DJ Raydiate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Not much to update today other than the retrofit will be put on hold until fall. The reason for this is because I saw a short video preview of the new Morimoto mini D2s 5.0!!! By the looks of the short clip, these are going to blow the 4.0s out of the water. I'd be pissed if I had gotten the 4.0s next month and 3 months later the 5.0 comes out. Thankfully I follow TRS on Facebook and the vid showed up on my feed.

With that said, it just gives me more time to prep. I just ordered 35w 4500k H3Cs for the head fogs that I can install sometime this weekend. It also gives me a chance to get to the junkyard and grab some internals from some other headlamps as spares and work on mounting the LEDs to the Demon Eye boards. Hell at this point I can even rip the lights apart here and there and paint the bezels. By the time the 5.0s come out, hopefully all I would have to do is order them up, pop my lights open for the last time, install and boom, done! Of course that's in a perfect world

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome