Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2018 Mazda6 gets Apple CarPlay, Android Auto upgrade
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Vipre77

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Vipre77 Send a message via Yahoo to Vipre77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjshaikh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
It would be nice if they upgrade to USB 3.0/3.1 on the front port in the center console if they aren't already. Anyone know what version they've got in there now? I know the rear seat ports output 2.1A (that's what they're labeled anyway), but I think the front ports are probably still only USB 1.1/2.0. I don't know what the host controller in the head unit is capable of supporting, but maybe it's part of the upgrade? Faster data speeds would be nice for speeding up reads from large music collections.
I’m not sure about the USB version, but I’m pretty sure it’s not 2.1A. I’ve got an iPhone 8 and get just about 10-12% charge on a 30 min drive to work.
Yeah, same with my iPhone 7+. It was same in my 2016 CX-3 and the wife’s 2016 CX-5. The ports in the rear seat arm rests are clearly marked 2.1A, but they are power only. USB 1.1 and 2.0 is limited to 0.5A for normal ports. USB 2.0 Power Delivery (PD) ports can deliver up to 5A (3A for micro-USB connectors).

So, I’m pretty sure the ports are all USB 2.0.

His: 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport FWD, Reflex Blue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome