Mazda 6 Forums banner

Aftermarket OEM style spoiler

5K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  jcme0557 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I was thinking about buying it, but decided to wait and just get fog lights. This spoiler is good quality and the paint matches probably 98%, the problem here is that if you put it with provided 3m tape (which is probably low quality), that shit gonna go flying off your car any time. It happened to two people on the review section. Even if you buy a stronger 3m tape, depending on where you live, it may not hold on for too long. Not to mention, the 3m tape will not allow the spoiler to sit properly as it does on the GT. The edges won't be sitting firmly with 3m tape.

I read reviews of people complaining that it came off due to rain and heat. I live in Florida and my car is always parked outside, there is NO WAY, a 3m tape is gonna hold that spoiler for long. You have to drill and use the screws.

So, you either find a way to drill or if you don't have the balls, just take it to a shop and have them install it for you, also I would make sure to put extra wax/sealant on the spoiler more often, cause there is no way the paint quality is as good as stock.

#5 · (Edited)
on the GT the spoiler is screwed on. I wouldn't trust the 3M especially if you live in hot rainy weather. Many don't want to drill on their car, but that's how all spoilers are installed, do it right once and done. I read reviews of this spoiler coming off due to rain and heat. If you live in warm weather and your car is constantly parked outside, the heat will weaken the 3m tape and overtime it may come off

but that's just me, I wouldn't risk it cause I live in florida. If you get the oem spoiler, it has to be drilled on as well, so is basically the same. In the end, you buy the $100 one and take it to shop, they may charge you $50-100 max for installation.

If you go to the dealer, they'd probably rape you with $500 for spoiler with installation

#16 ·
If you have the GT, why are you looking for a spoiler, unless the 2017 GTs don't come with one?

This is the spoiler you need to buy, it comes with the hardware and 3M tape. After reading the instructions on how to install it, I would take it to a shop to have installed, especially if you have no experience with drilling or DIY, if you do something wrong, you could mess up your trunk and there is no going back, in the end, is still cheaper that the dealer.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Spoiler-Painted-Choice-included/dp/B00JNHZ0QA[/ame]

#17 ·
If you have the GT, why are you looking for a spoiler, unless the 2017 GTs don't come with one?

This is the spoiler you need to buy, it comes with the hardware and 3M tape. After reading the instructions on how to install it, I would take it to a shop to have installed, especially if you have no experience with drilling or DIY, if you do something wrong, you could mess up your trunk and there is no going back, in the end, is still cheaper that the dealer.

https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Spoiler-Painted-Choice-included/dp/B00JNHZ0QA

I think that is the exact supplier I bought mine many moons ago.

If he can turn on a drill, he could do those project. It’s super easy.

It gives you little plastic tabs you put into the holes on the spoiler. You line up where the spoiler fits perfect. Tape tabs onto the trunk. Pull spoiler off. Punch tab where the tab hole is. Stick drill into tab hole and drill away.

Takes about 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I didn't do any drilling, just stuck it on with the included 3M tape. Have ran it through car washes multiple times and hasn't come off, yet. Had it for over a year now. Only thing is the the white color is not the same as the car. It's a little off, but only noticeable up close. Other than that, I really like the way it looks.

This is the one I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MV-TuningR...ash=item3ab4408e38:g:VQYAAOSwsB9WDSSR&vxp=mtr

#25 ·
I got my spoiler on Amazon, from some place called Spoiler and Wing King (I think?) It came pre-painted and matched up pretty well. (At least as close as the OE bumper caps and better than the fuel door.) I used the 3m tape, because I didn’t want to drill into the trunk lid...it’s held up fine. Was definitely worth the $100 I paid.
:smile2:

Attachments

Reactions: LIMazda6
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.