Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Auto Roll Down Windows?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 07:08 PM
tickerguy

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzaz View Post
No fob activated auto windows, but at least all the windows automatically go up or down with a quick pull at the levers on the driver's side controls (I find more cars have that only for the driver's side and maybe the passenger's once in a while)

Back to the main point though... my buddy has an Audi A4 that doesn't have fob activated auto windows either, but he got the ECU/computer/whatever modded with a vagcom and it allowed him to control all the windows with the fob, as well as close the sunroof. Maybe somehow we can do something similar somehow?
There are some vehicles that know how to do it in their convenience modules -- SOME Audis are the same way, and so are some of the VWs. Mine was able to be "taught" how but I had to hex edit bytes in the module "the hard way" (not using VCDS) and if you screw that up you'll brick it, so.....

As far as I know there's no parameter setting for it in the Mazda body module (which I believe is the one responsible for this part of the car in Mazda'a "thing.") Part of the reason it works in some cars from other manufacturers is that they use the same modules in dozens of cars, and some have it as a "factory feature" while others don't -- if you're in that situation you can sometimes find the magic bytes to flip and turn on what's in there, but is just not set when the module is put in your car. Apparently that is not the case for Mazdas....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome