Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 2017 GT First week review
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Garment69
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhpmi View Post
Thanks for posting man. I was just about to do the same after about 10 days of ownership (2017 GT). I hope you are enjoying your new ride as much as I am.

I agree that I am "disappointed" with my initial fuel mileage BUT I have spent a great deal of time in SPORT mode so I'll have to accept some of the blame for my first tank's manually calculated mileage ending up at 25.3 MPG. I feel confident that once broken in and getting back to my normal commute routine (about 60 highway miles per day) I will see upper 30's as most do.

I also love the interior. I drove Honda, Ford, Kia, Hundai, Chevy while I was shopping. There is no comparison in my opinion. Mazda blows them all away as far as interior style and feel. Not to mention driving dynamics and exterior style.

While I appreciate the technology, I am going to reserve judgement until I live with it for a while. Adaptive cruise is a blessing and a curse. I can't close the gap enough to keep other drivers from exploiting it but I can appreciate the safety aspect on a long, boring drive. Lane Keeping doesn't really seem to "keep" me in my lane but rather just sort of nudge me in to making a correction. Not a big deal as I try to be an attentive DRIVER when I'm behind the wheel but I think there are maybe more active systems out there. Smart City Brake Support is surprisingly aggressive. I've only experienced it once and I was fully aware of the vehicle in front slowing suddenly. The system intervened before I applied the brakes but I felt I had sufficient room to do so. Some fine tuning of the vehicle settings may be in order.

I haven't really noticed the trunk opening situation. So far just keep the smart key in my pocket. I really like the "walk away lock" setting as I don't have to press anything to secure the vehicle, just "walk away". I wish the driver door would unlock when I approached but I don't think that is an option. Hadn't noticed the power seats being locked out while driving. That does sound silly. On a longer drive I might want to make small adjustments without having to pull over and stop.

One feature I wish was included was automatic folding side mirrors. Added expense and complexity I know but it's still cool.

I'm still in love!
I didnt mean to say that the power seats dont work when driving. You can make adjustments. Its the memory function doesnt work. So if you get in your car and the seats have been adjusted, you cant press the memory button to get back to their original positions without pulling over and putting the car in park.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome