Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - 50K Fluid Change - so easy!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
eyedocorlando

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Cool 50K Fluid Change - so easy!

During my latest oil change today I also did the ATX fluid. I bought 4 quarts of Mazda FZ on Amazon for around $12.50/qt earlier in the year. Had I known it would be this easy, I would have done this at 30K instead. The airbox removal wasn't even difficult, 2 pop clips, a sensor, and yank it out. I learned we have a snow-screen on the snorkel that prevents debris from getting in the air box - cool!

The most annoying and time consuming part was simply removing all the pop-clips and bolts (10 mm) from the underside cover. Otherwise, it was as simple as drain (8mm allen socket needed) and fill with 3.4qts of Mazda FZ. The fluid that came out was a dark tea brown, and the fluid going back in was alien cyan blue as it should be. Lifetime fluid my ass!

I plan on doing this every other year (30K mile interval) to keep things humming along smoothly, and so far it seems to have made shifts cleaner and switching from D to R is now back to butter smooth. I encourage everyone try this if they're comfortable with a regular oil change.

For reference, attached is the photo of the location of the ATX dipstick with the airbox removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo717345386694552401.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	196210  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eyedocorlando; 11-06-2016 at 10:47 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome