Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Touchscreen Overtemp!?!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Mr. Dingleberry
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to work for a tier 1 supplier for a major automotive company. I worked in the test department where we did product launches, and even took a trip to Detroit to do on-vehicle testing in a climate chamber. The amount of testing that goes into a product is unreal (just look at this link Browse Standards on Exterior lighting : Topic Results - SAE International ) . They do design testing to make sure the plan will work in all aspects and aim to cover 90% of the market in how each component is used. I know Mazda is going to have done the same type of testing not just on the car, but on individual components as well. We did headlights and taillights at that company, and there were tests for solar load, which is to simulate the impact of the sun and extreme ambient temps. Most of this testing is to ensure not just the functionality of the part/system, but also the aesthetics as well (does the coating crack, bubble, flake, change color, does this thing still work? kind of stuff). We did a random vibration profile in 3 axis (vertical, front to back and side to side) for 8 hours in each direction while cycling a temp profile from -40 C to 80 C.

The good news is I went to see the dealer yesterday afternoon, and they are going to replace the entire unit. They had not heard of this problem and "called it in" to Mazda Corp. who advised to replace not just the touch screen, but the computer under as well. There were a couple other issues I discussed with them, but we will see how that pans out with the new computer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Vehicles:
2016 Mazda6 Touring
2002 Honda Civic EX (wife's)
2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited (Family hauler)
1999 Toyota Tacoma Base 2WD (For my oldest son)
1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 3.4L engine swap, 33/12.50R15, 4" lift, geared to 4:88 with factory E-locker in the rear and Detroit locker in the front.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Dingleberry For This Useful Post:
rjhornsby (07-22-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome