Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Bose Nav Radio Upgrade & Bluetooth Fix
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
diggscreed
Drivers License

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill1977 View Post
I will be keeping my eye on this thread. Sadly, the Bluetooth unit I was using with the Bose display audio doesn't work with my '09 factory NAV unit. I'm able to import my contacts, but as expected i have no meta-data displayed on my radio.

Justin
Right. As I may have mentioned, the dang modules are so outdated they are useless. Johnson controls is still making them; and if you ordered a new one same part number as the one you have; you will get a manufacured date of 2015 or later. The chipset inside the module should surely fix the outdated bluetooth profiles and metadata sync problem. It did for me? And like you I also could not import my phone contacts after the radio swap. But the new module was plug and play and once I did that; everything worked flawlesly. (so annoying it comes down to the chipsets) but thats the second gen tech for ya? I think 3rd gens just get an ecu flash update or something? I dunno; but the interface is more up to date on those. Guess we are stuck with upgrading the actual "hardware" on the second gens. But it works. Yeah lemme know if you find a better/cheaper solution? I always seem to take the hard route with these things...... :-(

2010 Mazda 6s GT Kona Blue Mica
2013 Mazda 6s GT Fireglow Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by diggscreed; 04-17-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome