Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - ATX Potentially Dangerous Issue
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
fireandicekarim

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Glad you got it fixed, and Mazda should definitely put out a letter or something to owners so they at least know what the issue is and how to get it fixed. My battery has never died, so we still don't know what triggers the issue exactly. I did kick down on the pedal a few times in a short amount of time which I felt was my cause. I'm not sure if you did the same? Could be that the transmission sensors were thrown off because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
I had this as well. Kind of wish Mazda were more proactive about it, as it is a power loss situation. I was just in for the oil change service in January and feel it could have been averted.

After an easy semi-mountian climb and descent. Stopped to wait for a motorcycle who ran off the road. After they let traffic start again, I was revving but not moving. Fortunately still downhill. Pulled over. Shut down. Restarted. Still had the CEL, AT and traction control lights, but it engaged the transmission. At the next light I couldn't pull away. Rolled into a station and got towed. Yay Uber. Boo Mazda.

Happy it was a quick fix. Reprogram. All is fine. I do wonder what distinguishes those who experience the issue from those who didn't. I let my battery die once. Wonder if that set me up for this.

Excalibur - 2014 Snowflake White Pearl Mazda 6

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome