Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Unofficial 2017 Mazda6 Rumor Thread
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
aneville11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlvrs6 View Post
As much as I love my 6, my heart belongs to the new CX4/6/7 and I'm more transfixed on when that vehicle will be available for sale in the U.S. Haven't seen official announcement that it will debut in NYC, do you have anything firm on that. Looking for a taller easier entry-exit vehicle without going to a full fledged SUV. CX9 is absolutely gorgeous with that amazing dark red interior, but way too big for me.

Frankly, the 17' M6 needs some changes in body style after 4 plus years on the market. No indication of that yet. I see that the CX4/6/7 is supposed to have some new state of the art NVH system so that might be something that would be transferred to the 6 as well given some issues re: NVH with the 6. I'm assuming the current 6 has resolved the infotainment issues that were present on the 14'-15' so that may not be an area of change for it. I agree that it's time to start a more normal yearly cycle on it and hopefully we may see that by year's end.
I haven't personally seen any thing to confirm the public release of the new model in NYC. Like I said it is purely speculation on my part. But with the amount of spy photo's being released, it seems as if it's much closer to production than we may have thought. It would just make sense IMHO due to the amount of spy photos being leaked with what looks different variations of production ready test mules.

Since every bit of Mazda's safety & entertainment technology has already been placed in the 6 for 2016, it would make sense to see an update to the power train and possibly minor updates to the sheet metal as well. All I want is just a bit more power for us and keep a 6MT matted to the front wheels.

I'll take AWD as an an option as well *sigh*

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome