Mazda 6 Forums banner

LED Strip Puddle Lights - Little help please

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  whitco99 
#1 ·
Hi

I am looking to install white LED strip lights down both sills of my 2nd Gen this weekend as puddle lights to work with the door lights so as i unlock the car they will light up but turn off as I close the door.

I need to find a route for my wire though, I haven't had a good look yet to where I will take it. I need to find a way of running a wire to the interior of the car for both sides so I can feed it through to the door.

Anyone know of a good route, if so I would be very grateful of your wisdom.:D

Many Thanks

#4 ·
I did this in my 2009 Nissan, I pulled the driver side pillar and found the 2 wires that go to the dome light. Using a meter I watched the voltage as it went from 12v and slowly dropped off as the light dimmed and went out. Time consuming. After that I tied in and ran the wires for floor lighting and LED strips under each door for puddle lights (under the weather strip). I haven't done this for my 2016 Mazda6 yet but I will. It would be great if a Tech could fill us in on which wires go to the dome light running up that pillar. It would save a lot of time. I'll post when I do it. Alpena MAX 2 Flexible LED Strip give the best white light for the puddle ones.

#6 ·
I used Alpina Diamond lights from Pepboys. Nice white color under the car connected to the dome system. They came on with the dome lights and as the dome dimmed so did the puddle lights. They lasted a long time too. I just need to know what the color code for the dimming dome is to tap into the mazda lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.