Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum - View Single Post - Track Report VIR Full 9/6/14
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
CanyonRider

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK2 View Post
Can you compare lap times with a previous run on this course ?
That would be nice but I don't have very good data. I ran this course in 2011 and have no video or telemetry. I ran it again in 2012 and my best lap was 2:32 during the 7th of eight 30min sessions. I didn't run it in 2013.

This event kinda stunk:
Session 1: Got two hot laps then a Supra hit the wall ending our session.
Session 2: After the third hot lap, my camera shutdown from overheating. It was really hot.
Session 3: Got 1 hot lap, car crashed, then 3 more hot laps. Got no video or telemetry.
Session 4: Got 4 hot laps before the car started vibrating.

There were 203 drivers at the event (most ever). The green group was overfull so it seems they moved some folks with marginal experience/skill up to intermediate. That put about 40 cars in my group. Between the traffic and the crashes, it was difficult to get in any rhythm. For the 4th session (the video I posted), I hung back in the grid til all the other cars were out and had about a 1/2 lap lead. This gave me 3 or 4 laps of open track. Ironically, my best lap was also 2:32 - coming on the 3rd lap of session 2. If I could have run Sunday, I feel I would have shaved several seconds. I was giving up a ton of time in the uphill esses between T6 & T10.

CR

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Threads:

Like our Race Team's Facebook page:

My YouTube Channel for in-car track videos:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome