Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
Here is my communication with Mazda customer support re this feature:

Me
“I recently acquired my Mazda 6. Unlike my wife’s 08 Miata, I am unable to get the windows to open from the remote. I live in Tucson AZ, where the interior of a parked car can be well in excess of 150F, so this is no small issue. Please tell me that I don’t have to climb into a hellish environment and sit there while starting the engine and only then, am I able to open a window. If so, is there a software fix or anything else I can do, other than sell the car and look for another brand?”

Mazda
”Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center, it's so great to hear from you. I can understand with extreme heat, wanting to roll down the windows prior to entering the vehicle. My parents actually live in Arizona as well, and I know how hot it can get.

I personally drive a 2018 Mazda 6 and can confirm that this is the normal operation of the vehicle. Because the vehicle was not designed for this function, there would not be a software update available to allow this functionality.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We appreciate you taking the opportunity to connect with us, and for allowing us the opportunity to respond. Thank you for being a loyal Mazda customer, and feel free to connect with us if you have any questions in the future. Enjoy your weekend!”

Me
Could someone explain why this feature was removed by Mazda? Previously it was included on all Mazda’s. Now, it’s not available even on your top-of-the-line Signature edition vehicles. Yet Honda and Toyota now have it included on cars that didn’t have it in the past. Seems like Mazda is going in the opposite direction by removing features.”

Mazda
From year to year, our product planners and engineers make changes that they see fit based off the feedback from our customers.

I will be happy to share your specific feedback to our team for future consideration”

So, who here has been writing Mazda to ask them to remove features from their cars? Because, apparently Mazda customers demanded this feature be eliminated.

Can you share which website/email address you communicated with Mazda with? I'm going to bug them too.

This feature is all software related. There has to be a way to enable it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 04:19 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Before buying my 2018 6GT this was the first feature I checked coming from a 2007 GT and it was such a heartbreaker to learn it was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page